CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Should I sell my 98 SLS for a Lexus LS 430 ??

daniel812

You cold use the SLS on trips for its room and gas mileage, and the Lexus for a daily driver.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Keep the SLS as a winter beater ... plus, the FWD of the SLS means that you won't have to shell out

$1000 for 4 Michelin Xi2 snow tires on the LS430.

We want pics!

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

4k for a 98? right on in our area. i see a new ls460 at my healthclub often. they always get the spots close to the front doors. very nice car. does the 430 and 460 compare? newer cars and all that.

• 4 weeks later...

now that I have been driving both cars I fiured I wouild give a quick update. As far as features - the lexus offers so much more than the Caddy (yes there is a 6 year difference, and mine is fully optioned) Navigation, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, backup camera, smartKey access, and a bunch of toys for the rear seat passengers (power reclining seats, seperate climate controls, massaging seats, memory seats, heated and cooled seats-front and rear, rear sunshades on doors and rear window, vanity mirrors)

The Caddy has things the Lexus does not which now bother me such as a compass, vanity mirrors that can we can adjust lighting and a few other minor things.

Fuel mileage is about the same, performance is a bit better in the Lexus (6 speed auto)

handling seems better in the Lexus ( but I drive a SLS not STS)

comfort and quietness in both are great.

Honestly I cant see selling my Caddy - the amount of options and the overall car is just amazing for the money.

I think brand new - Caddy vs Lexus people just pay for the name of Lexus, and resale value on Caddy is poor. making it a great buy for a used car!! Dollar for Dollar, year for year -- Caddy wins in my opinion

Archived