CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pushing 207,000 Miles

Regis

Yeah bigfoo I know the feeling. Took me forever to snap some pics. Heck, why do today what you can put off till tomorrow or the next day right?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

HEhe yea.. man that looks almost new :)

Mine has a lot of scratches and 'chips' in the paint that got touched up with touch up paint.. can't tell unless you are standing next to the car but still bothers me.. paint shouldn't chip heheh

HEhe yea.. man that looks almost new :)

Mine has a lot of scratches and 'chips' in the paint that got touched up with touch up paint.. can't tell unless you are standing next to the car but still bothers me.. paint shouldn't chip heheh

Are you kidding, my whole car is touch-up paint (heh). Last year I had the front end repainted and 3M clear stone guard film put on. That stuff really works and is hardly noticeable. But the plastic bumper is starting to get chipped again..... no biggy, usual wear and tear. I'll have the fuel door done again later this year. Had freezing rain weld the entire door shut and i Needed gas bad. Guess I pounded a little to hard and pulled the paint off the edges and the salt did the rest.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Nice lookin' car! What kind of tires are those? Cool looking tread.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Nice lookin' car! What kind of tires are those? Cool looking tread.

Thanks jadcock...... those are the Dunlop SP 5000. Great in rain, slush, road pizza, dry, but belongs back at the ski lodge when it snows. A fun tire: AA traction/ A temp/ 340 wear rating.

"Burns" rubber

I really want to bust the 300 mile mark, I just can't part with my car, I don't like the newer ones. Happy birthday! 200K whats that a bicentenial? For miles anyways. Looks great!

MC

Nice car. I also use Dunlop SP5000 Z rated, but I find they wear pretty quick. I think i can only get one year out of them before time to change....of course I put about 28k miles (spirited driving) on them.

hell yeah, i've got the 93' STS with only 87k.. anything besides regular maintence?

i mean.. how can i get that many miles outta my ride, anything i should be prepared for? Do you drive her hard or? Just wondering man, trying to keep this car as long as i can

hell yeah, i've got the 93' STS with only 87k.. anything besides regular maintence?

i mean.. how can i get that many miles outta my ride, anything i should be prepared for? Do you drive her hard or? Just wondering man, trying to keep this car as long as i can

I was at my favorite restaurant tonight and overheard several patrons talking about the caddy. From the main dining area you can see all the cars in the front lot. I have to admit she did look good but it's always nice when others have the same appreciation.

How to get 200,000+ miles? Change the oil and filter regularly! I use Pennzoil (regular) for a few reasons that I won't get into for fear of another oil discussion.

And keep up on the repairs. I do some of them and I have a really good honest mechanic that does the rest. I think he loves the car as much as I do. At least that's the impression he conveys. He owns 2 Ducati bikes and a 94 Firebird T-tops that sports approx. 320hp from all the mods.....I was never a huge fan of birds until i saw his. Never trust a mechanic that only owns a minivan..... there's just no compassion there. Kind of like going to a bald barber.

One more thing.... this discussion board. It and its members (you) have helped to keep the caddy in tip top shape. Thanks!

ps. yes I do drive her hard now and then. as i was leaving the restaurant I put the peddle down and she put on a good show. after that I cruised over to my fav onramp, started in 2nd and let er rip. Hit 105mph and got on the brakes hard before the merge. Yeah she's still all that and a bag of chips I guess.

"Burns" rubber

Archived