CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stereo changing tips

I'm finally getting around to installing my beloved MiniDisc player (into its third car) into the Cadillac this afternoon after work. I've got the appropriate dash and wiring kits, so it should all go smoothly. The only piece that needs moved is that rather large bezel that goes from above the radio all the way down past the gearshift. Is there a secret to removing this piece? I've not tried yet nor looked in the Chilton manual for instructions, but I suspect that it's only snap connectors. Has anyone done this who might have a tip as to how it's to be done?

I've been thwarted. The wiring kit wasn't right, and I think that the radio module and amps are elsewhere as there's no antenna cable in the dash and the wires are really thin. The stereo is light and mostly empty and has no heat sinks like amped ones usually do. Does this mean that the car has Bose after all? There aren't any Bose logos in the car.

I've been thwarted. The wiring kit wasn't right, and I think that the radio module and amps are elsewhere as there's no antenna cable in the dash and the wires are really thin. The stereo is light and mostly empty and has no heat sinks like amped ones usually do. Does this mean that the car has Bose after all? There aren't any Bose logos in the car.

Check the power ant in your trunk. The one i just pulled from a donor car had odd plugs in it that look EXACTLY like a standard GM stereo harness. Its pretty easy to tell if the rears are amp'd. Just tug the carpet down a bit.

Check the power ant in your trunk. The one i just pulled from a donor car had odd plugs in it that look EXACTLY like a standard GM stereo harness. Its pretty easy to tell if the rears are amp'd. Just tug the carpet down a bit.

It is amped. I don't suppose that you still have your trashed '95 around and if it still has a good CD head unit, do you? I'm not going to full-on rewire a car to put a different stereo in.

It is amped. I don't suppose that you still have your trashed '95 around and if it still has a good CD head unit, do you? I'm not going to full-on rewire a car to put a different stereo in.

Unfortunatly i wasn't there for most of the tear-down, sorry but the head unit is gone. I did get the antena, mine doesnt go down so im using that part. There is a kit you can get for the Bose. It has spots where you can plug in speaker wires from an aftermarket unit and will still run the amped speakers. Im sure its expensive. Mine isn't a bose but it was still 140+ for the harness cause of the chime and diag stuff.

Archived