CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Road Trip Report

Bruce Nunnally

Took a quick trip from Texas to southern Arkansas to visit my Dad. Rained all the way both ways, but our 2005 CTS tracked right through with no issues. Son2 slept all the way there and most of the way back; so much for sharing the driving now that he has his license. Enjoyed 'Book radio' on XM part of the way, then over to Watercolor Jazz or CNBC News the rest of the way. Saw some mobile road blocks (deer) but luckily they watched us go by rather than participate in traffic.

Saw a few Cadillacs on the road, and plenty of semi-tractor trailers of course. Son2 wondered what they were all doing on the road on Sat and Sunday, so I tried to explain that they work the weekend so the store gets restocked on Tuesday so he can grab stuff on Thursday. He went back to sleep.

We were also too early for the Football games, but it is nice that on the XM SEC channels they show what the next game is and when kickoff time is; luxury of having dedicated channels.

While folding the passenger seatback forward the other day to fit a large box in the back seat, the seatback adjustment handle broke off, so I have to go see if that is covered on the warranty or not.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The seat adjustment handle for the manual passenger seat is available as a separate part, for US$64 (with tax). I ordered one today at Crest. I was concerned that this might not be available except as a replacement seat assembly. I don't know why any luxury car even comes with manual passenger seat, but I chose not to pay the more for the upgraded passenger seat when I bought the CTS I suppose. Should be easy enough to replace, but I will have to get the rest of the barrel of the lever off the seat adjustment first, so may end up taking the seat out to get some leverage on it.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived