CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Goverment Can...

• 2 weeks later...

Gerald Ford (14 July 1913 – 26 December 2006) , the 38th President of the United States.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Gerald Ford (14 July 1913 – 26 December 2006) , the 38th President of the United States.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Agreed...100%.

We have WAY TOO MUCH government now.

Posted Image

I think that Ford may have been quoting Jefferson.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think that Ford may have been quoting Jefferson.

I can't give you an honest answer to that.

BUT, it sounds about right.

If my quote was about that right, but slightly "off the mark," I expect Gerry might owe me a "Nathan's Hot Dog."

Not much chance of collecting, huh?

Regards,

Warren :D:D:D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived