CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel Offset Chart (Easy To Use, Wide Range, covers high offsets & wide wheels)

Wheel Offset Chart (Easy To Use, Wide Range, covers high positive offsets & wide wheels)

I just finished making this wheel offset chart. I was not satisfied with the information I found online and I wanted something that could be printed out on an 8.5” X 11” sheet of paper and put into an award frame and hung on a shop wall or kept in a folder for quick reference.

MaxWheelOffsetChartbyCodyGCarson.jpg

I also wanted one chart that should cover most every custom wheel need from 5.5” to 15” wide and from “deep dish” negative offsets to the very high positive “flush” offsets used in C4, C5 and C6 Corvettes, late model Mustangs and Antique FWD Eldorados and Toronados. I covered wheels with backspacing up to 10” because that is how much clearance is between the wheel mounting surface and the rear spring of the 67 – 70 Eldorado. These high offset numbers will also come in handy for any C5 or C6 Corvette owner who wants to tub the rear end and order custom built three piece forged wheels. I have checked the accuracy of the numbers and all figures are rounded up to the nearest whole millimeter.

This chart is copyrighted, but you are welcome to upload it into your own website, print it out to display in your shop or business, and you may distribute it freely on the web and as a printed hard copy. Contact me if you want to produce and sell this chart or a slightly altered variation of it.

Note: when using this chart, keep in mind that it does NOT show tire clearance. That will vary because of tire size options for each wheel. Also: I am not responsible for any miss measurements (or lack of measurements) on your part when ordering custom wheels. This chart is meant to aid in the understanding of wheel offset and to be a general guide in custom wheel selection. If you like it, post a comment. If you find an error or omission, please inform me.

If you have a wheel size not covered in the chart, you can follow the pattern of the wheels already listed, and expand it to fit your needs; just follow the same increments until your wheel is covered.

Cody G. Carson

Click here to visit the main directory for my subforum about my 2002 Eldorado build for autocross racing:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=96

Archived