CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What is Our Economic Future?

I may be a little older than most here, but I remember the Carter years of 20+% inflation rates.

It took nearly 10 years before I regained the purchasing power I had before that dunderhead ascended to the Whitehouse.

Today, at 61 years of age, I'm facing retirement shortly.

I managed a very small profit on my savings in 2008. I was lucky. Most saw their 401(K) retirement savings turned to ash in 2008. My brother told me he lost $100K in 2008. HOLY CRAP!

What do you think the future holds for you?

What would you like to see our government do if it meant saving for your retirement?

What would you like to see our government NOT do if it meant saving for your retirement?

DO YOU TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT??

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I'll answer the most important question: DO YOU TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT.

Answer: NO. I have always believed the government does not have our best interests at heart. From the corrupt FDA right down to this current recession which was neatly engineered in Washington DC, the government is hell bent on figuring out new ways to take our money away from us and hurting us any way possible. A cursory look back in history proves my point. Everytime the government sticks their nose in (a) money disappears and ( B ) people have died on a grand scale.

:wipetears

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I don't trust the government to protect the US people at all, not in terms of arms, in terms of well being.

For instance, JOBS.... because of a beneficial tax, jobs leave this country for foreign countries, has anyone suggested fixing this problem? Has anyone tried to figure out why a call center in India for example is better than a call center in the US? Has anyone in Congress asked Bill Gates WHY he said he needs to go outside the country to find software engineers? Has anyone in Congress tried to find out why jobs leave this country and sat with the CEOs of major companies? Has an analysis of our education system?

You hear a lot of talk about this stuff during campaigns but never any other time

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

People think inflation is rising prices. It is NOT.

Inflation is expansion of the money supply that eventually leads to rising prices. Inflation is already here in a big way. The rising prices are yet to come. It is already "built-in" to our system. You will shortly have your legislators to thank.

But worry not for them; they will simply vote themselves a salary increase.

S.O.B.'s!

There was a time when government workers were paid less than the private industry average in return for generous retirement benefits. No more. Government worker salaries now far outpace private industry (sometimes double) and they retain the munificent benefits. If only I had known . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived