CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

heres some more pix from Sweden

Uffe6y

Awesome! I especially like the euro headlights. Is that just a single headlight bulb, that does double-duty as a low beam and a high beam? The American version uses two separate bulbs, a 9005 and a 9006.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

What size tires are those? Did you have to modify anything to get all of that rubber to clear? 16" ? I often have wondered if a 245x16 would work on a 16x7 size rim(factory). The headlights I like as well.

sebring06RTP.jpg

Yeas its just one lamp that does everything...the size are 255/55-17.-10wide...and i dident have to do anything...just to put some centerrings to fix the 1.2 mm gap,,,,the center of my car is 70,3 mm and the wheels are 71.5 mm(jeep grand cherokee).....the tire touches the fender in very bumpy roads so you have to take it easy when the roads looks like that,,,but I live in Sweden and we have fine roads so,,,

Kewl beans - VERY nice ride - Nothing like it is there?? My Harley I suppose - but for all weather?? The Caddy takes it - - -

Steve

our tail lights are red I believe yours have a amber panel, If you don't mind see if you can get a part # for your headlights ......and nice ride

Joe

I like the wide tire look a lot too but I'm not sure about doing it because it increases drag and decreases gas mileage and also hurts performance a little, might even change the gear ratio for worse :/ But it sure looks cool :>

So Uff,

Can you send closer picture of where the tires hit the fenders on a hard bump?

Any real damage to either fenders or tires so far?

I would think cornering would be better up to to point where body roll is at its apex just before the tires actually break loose and slide sideways. This max body roll point is where the low side fenders dig into the tires.

Also, at some point really-w i d e tires cause an interesting steering effect that is best desescribed as "rolling pin phenomona". The rear tires actually have difficulty pivoting on their axis and tend to scuff. You should not notice the effect much in this front wheel drive car. If it was rea drive and the differential was not up to it, look out.

A former friend had a SS-396 so cranked up that it could actuall get 2nd gear wheelies (less than a foot usually). In addition to the powertrain mods, he had something like 12"-wide (at the surface) slicks, cut out rear fenders and with a 4:56 or something locked rear end. He still broke lug bolts every now and then. But the funny part was that he often had to take two tries to turn a tight corner. He usually just smoked around the corner - after he was tired of backing up for another shot.

Your wide tires are very stout looking indeed. But, there can be too much of a good thing. ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I havent seen any damage on the tires yet,,,but I can se that I have scratched the inner "fender" when I am turning full...but that just some soft plastic it havent damage the tire. So I have to come back with a report about how it will end,,,,,hopefully not "end"

Archived