CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

caddy HELP i need CADDY HELP

spatty5

i have a 95 sls and my trunk no longer works so my trunk stays open about a half inch and it looks horrible...i heard a roomer tha t i can disconect the motor and make the trunk operate as a regular trunk without using the motor and it will close all the way IS THIS TRUE???? if not not i have any other options besides replacing the motor cause the car runs perfect and i rather not put cosmetic money into it at this piont

i have a 95 sls and my trunk no longer works so my trunk stays open about a half inch and it looks horrible...i heard a roomer tha t i can disconect the motor and make the trunk operate as a regular trunk without using the motor and it will close all the way IS THIS TRUE???? if not not i have any other options besides replacing the motor cause the car runs perfect and i rather not put cosmetic money into it at this piont

Most often, the motor is fine - the suspects would be a bad upper switch, broken wire along the trunk hinge, or a bad lower switch. Unplug the upper switch and test it with an ohm meter for continuity when yo manually activate the switch.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I pulled the trunk motor and pulled it apart. And greased it ,re-installed armature and slid down through brushes and it worked like a charm. Sometimes the trunk gets slamed down and it jolts the motor. It will be frozen and needs to be eased. This will also happen in the winter when ice forms on trunk lid assembly. GOOD LUCK

Yes. You can take it apart, manually screw down the catch and don't power it again.

Archived