CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ride Level

95SLS

I am not sure of the tounge weight of my boat, but it's pretty heavey. I was wondering if anyone sets up the air in the rear when towing? I just got my new hitch tonight and took it for a spin, seems ok, but sits a little low in the rear. But works ok, Airs up and then quits. Just think maybe a little more air? But then, it might ride like a wagon. Anyone know?

Mike

If the rear sags more than an inch or so when you "drop" the trailer tongue on the car, you should consider a weight-equalizing hitch.. a local hitch dealer (or RV place) can help. Or, read up at http://www.reeseprod.com .

The air shocks only can raise the rear by so much... if the tongue is more than, say 200-300 pounds, the front end will still rise up. An equalizing hitch will distribute the tongue weight forward. Even if the rig tows "OK" without the equalizing hitch, most folks towing 2000-3000 pound trailers with cars report that the ride is MUCH, MUCH nicer than with a "dead weight" hitch.

I hope this helps... good luck!

I have a equalizing hitch, but Caddilacs only go 2nd class anyways. It's only a baot under 1800 for sure. I think I might look for the leving rod and try a bit bias, but that will be l;ast thing to worry about on my list, It tows fine where it is, it just don'l look as cool loaded. My Eldo.

Archived