CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

acm code B1241 in 98 DeVille

jones57

well I went up and down on the temp. and disconnected the passenger dual control and it worked. Hopefully I dont have to fix anything. I have another code PCM p1520?

P1520 Gear Indicator System

Posted Image

• 7 months later...

I know I am digging up an old post here but I did a search on this code because it has reared it's head on my caddy. It was in History, and I think I know when it was thrown if my searches are leading me in the right direction. Is this a code to be really seriously worried about? From the searches I have read it could indicate that the shift lever was mode while the vehicle was in motion (which I did while coming down Floyd Hill in Colorado I shifted from OD to 3rd. The car didn't make any noises or hasn't been driving weird. Any ideas?

Thanks ALL!

Sean M.

1997 Cadillac DeVille

I know I am digging up an old post here but I did a search on this code because it has reared it's head on my caddy. It was in History, and I think I know when it was thrown if my searches are leading me in the right direction. Is this a code to be really seriously worried about? From the searches I have read it could indicate that the shift lever was mode while the vehicle was in motion (which I did while coming down Floyd Hill in Colorado I shifted from OD to 3rd. The car didn't make any noises or hasn't been driving weird. Any ideas?

Thanks ALL!

Bear with me... I am shooting in the dark here... but I do not believe that moving the gear selector from OD to 3rd has anything at all to do with that code.

I have did that too many times to count.

I go to Colorado a couple of times a year... and I use my transmission, constantly, for braking going down the mountains.

(I also sometimes use it in town ... when exiting the freeway on to the service road.) :D

I am just speculating here... but I think the code means that the PCM isn't sure what gear it is in or should be in.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of "THAT" code will chime in here.

I am curious now, to know exactly what it means.

Posted Image

Archived