CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

i need help with these codes (p0300; p0741, p1816)

TONYUBALDO

FOR SOME ODD REASON MY CAR STARTED ACTING WEIRD LAST NIGHT. WHEN I PUT IT ON REVERSE AND DRIVE...IT MAKES A FUNNY NOISY LIKE IF IT WANTS TO TURN OFF....I WOULD STEP ON THE GAS AND IT WOULD HARDLY RUN....IT FELT LIKE IF IT HAD NO POWER....

THIS MORNING I HAD TO GO TO COURT AND MY CAR WAS FINE..IT RAN FINE ON THE FREEWAY..HAD NO PROBLEM..AFTER I GOT SOEMTHING TO EAT I GO IN MY CAR AND TURNED IT ON...AND IT WAS DOING THE SAMETHING FROM LAST NIGHT....

THESE ARE THE CODES THAT CAME UP. (PCM P0300; PCM P0741; P1816)

CAN ANY ONE PLZ HELP ME

Below are the basic descriptions for the codes that you are receiving.

My guess is the "funny noise" that you were hearing as you drove off was an engine misfire; the engine can shake a little, or quite a bit.

I think the Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck Off, could cause a problem at higher speeds but not really noticeable at low speeds.

I don't know what the TFP Valve is, but possible the transmission is not fully in gear.

You need someone with a manual that covers 2002, and sorry I do not have that year.

For future information, the codes and other useful information are at the link below.

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html#cha

P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected

P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off

P1816 - TFP Valve Position Sw. - Park/Neu. With Drive Ratio

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Copied from a web page...

The automatic transmission fluid pressure (TFP) manual valve position switch consists of five pressure switches (two normally-closed and three normally-open) and a transmission fluid temperature (TFT) sensor combined into one unit. The combined unit mounts on the valve body.

The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies ignition voltage for each range signal. By grounding one or more of the circuits through various combinations of the pressure switches, the PCM detects which manual valve position you select. The PCM compares the actual voltage combination of the switches to a TFP manual valve position switch combination table stored in memory.

Posted Image

Hello everyone, I hope all your Caddy`s are running better than mine. I`am having with rough ideling, and a P-0300 DTC. I changed the plugs and booths, but it`s still ideling rough, can anyone give me the answer I need? It`s a 2000 El Dorado, with a 4.6 Northstar- Thanks

Have you checked the plenum for a vacuum leak. The plenum is the rubber coupler between the TB & the manifold. Spray some Brakleen under it and listen for an RPM increase.

"The plenum is the rubber coupler between the TB & the manifold" ??? what is the TB??????

my car has been running fine now..for some reason it only does it sometimes...but if any one can tell me what too look for here?? because im not sure what it could possibly be. thanks

Hello everyone, I hope all your Caddy`s are running better than mine. I`am having with rough ideling, and a P-0300 DTC. I changed the plugs and booths, but it`s still ideling rough, can anyone give me the answer I need? It`s a 2000 El Dorado, with a 4.6 Northstar- Thanks

Check your coil packs, what do you mean by booths?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

booths == boots, I would gather.

I found this interesting FSM-like page on P1810:

This codes means that the transmission switch and/or the shift solenoids are not operating properly. The car is apparently trying to take off in 4th instead of 1st gear or some such. The first thing I would do is check the connectors and wiring on the transmission.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived