CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS Radio

nenabubba

I had a blown front left Bose speaker. The dealer wanted $250 for that speaker. I called Bose directly and gave them the part number and they shipped me the speaker for $40. This stereo system rocks. Only negative is the wife can't plug in her i-pod. I would think of aftermarket stereo, but would have to add an amp to keep up with the OEM speakers.

You should have a connector in your trunk for a CD changer. they sell a device called IPOD2car. it will allow you to connect your IPOD to the factory stereo & listen to & control the IPOD using the factory stereo buttons. it's plug & play. no splicing wires needed. check it out on ebay or best buy.

• 3 weeks later...
my cd changer is in the center console, lower half

BOSE: In the US call:

1-800-231-2673

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_...p;x=10&y=11

I'm going to have to give this a try.. my driver door speaker is toast too... best I could find USED was about $50.... If Bose is selling them for $40 that is a DEAL!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I called Bose and they told me to take the car to the dealer...

Fail...

caddy.jpg

Greg

To Oynxsts

Hello Mike, Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bose Automotive Music System in your 1999 Cadillac STS. In answer to your question, we can provide replacement speaker(s) or amplifier assembly for your Bose Music System. Please contact our Consumer Support Line at 508-766-9522 with part number off the component you need to order over the phone with a credit card. Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM ESTAcceptable Payment Cards : Visa, MC, Discover

this is my response from my bose inquiry

Here is what they told me... a direct cut and paste

Hello Greg,

Unfortunately the speaker is offered through the Cadillac dealer Service parts operation it is not something that is supplied by Bose Corporation directly.Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack

Consumer Relations Division

Does anyone know if the GM part number and the BOSE part number are the same?

caddy.jpg

Greg

Archived