CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just Bought My First Caddy

89D15CRX

Hello all. My name is Robert and I just bought my first Cadillac. It's a 1995 Sedan Deville with the 4.9 OHV motor (althought I wish it had the 4.6 Northstar...) but it's got 85k on it and looks amazing. It's a champagne color with a light cream interior. It had NO rust, scratches, or dents in it and was elderly owned and ALWAYS garage kept. All power options as well as AC work perfectly. This car has 0 flaws. The only problem I have got from it so far was a SES light the day after I bought it. I took it back and when I did, it was off. They reset the PCM and it ended up coming back the next day. Well, after reading a couple of posts here I found out how to check the SES light to see what code it was giving. I got P052 history, P085 history, and T072 history. I figured it was the P052 that was setting the light off so I cleaned the throttle body and EGR tubes and it went away. It's been 3 days and 175 miles and it hasn't come back. The car has better throttle response and the tip in is nice. I actually layed a 40 foot strip in it...lol Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I'll get pictures of it up soon.

post-12096-1250648981_thumb.jpg

Hello all. My name is Robert and I just bought my first Cadillac. It's a 1995 Sedan Deville with the 4.9 OHV motor (althought I wish it had the 4.6 Northstar...) but it's got 85k on it and looks amazing. It's a champagne color with a light cream interior. It had NO rust, scratches, or dents in it and was elderly owned and ALWAYS garage kept. All power options as well as AC work perfectly. This car has 0 flaws. The only problem I have got from it so far was a SES light the day after I bought it. I took it back and when I did, it was off. They reset the PCM and it ended up coming back the next day. Well, after reading a couple of posts here I found out how to check the SES light to see what code it was giving. I got P052 history, P085 history, and T072 history. I figured it was the P052 that was setting the light off so I cleaned the throttle body and EGR tubes and it went away. It's been 3 days and 175 miles and it hasn't come back. The car has better throttle response and the tip in is nice. I actually layed a 40 foot strip in it...lol Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I'll get pictures of it up soon.

When you have a chance drain the coolant (it must be green one) and refill with green Prestone. Add two tubes of Bars Leaks Golden Seal powder, which you can buy at local Wal-Mart for $1.44. Check out the heater. Heater cores are known to get plugged. If so, you need to flash backflash it with a garden hose through a disconnected heater hose. Then you can refill the cooling system. You'll be glad your Deville came with 4.9 engine.

:welcomesmiley:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I didn't think the 4.9 required Bar's leak.

No I dont think it does. Its more for the aluminuim N* engines. The 4.9 is a very rugged motor and will last you a very long time, it just lacks the punch of the N*.

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

I didn't think the 4.9 required Bar's leak.

No I dont think it does. Its more for the aluminuim N* engines. The 4.9 is a very rugged motor and will last you a very long time, it just lacks the punch of the N*.

Okay folks, stop confusing people! 4.9 liter engine came with supplement (Bars Leaks) installed at factory and DOES require it. The block is aluminum. Change the green (silicated) coolant every two years (I do every year) add a tube or two of Bars Leaks Golden Seal POWDER and you'll be fine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived