CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Deville HVAC blower not blowing

randyat1001

Hi, new to the forum and have enjoyed reading through many posts. I have had my 2001 Deville for 3 years and love it.

My front HVAC blower has stopped working and I am not sure if it is the blower motor or a module or relay, I read somewhere if it does not work at any speed in manual it is probably the motor.

Fuse is good.

The problem started out intermittently then just stopped. It will not work in auto or manual.

Rear blower still works.

I found I can purchase the blower for around $70 but not sure how difficult a replacement it is, seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks for any insight

Regards, Randy

Never done it, but I read that you'll have to til the engine forward to have enough room to pull the blower motor. If you search on the board you can find some similar posts.

Welcome to the board, if you have any questions on this I'm sure someone will help you out.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

....My front HVAC blower has stopped working and I am not sure if it is the blower motor or a module or relay, I read somewhere if it does not work at any speed in manual it is probably the motor....

Thanks for any insight

Before you throw any parts at the problem, display any stored trouble codes. Here's how to:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Pay attention to "B" (Body) codes and report them here in case we can offer some insight.

Forget the engine tilting comment. All of your year/model HVAC blower motors and door actuators are inside the cabin.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....My front HVAC blower has stopped working and I am not sure if it is the blower motor or a module or relay, I read somewhere if it does not work at any speed in manual it is probably the motor....

Thanks for any insight

Before you throw any parts at the problem, display any stored trouble codes. Here's how to:

Pay attention to "B" (Body) codes and report them here in case we can offer some insight.

Forget the engine tilting comment. All of your year/model HVAC blower motors and door actuators are inside the cabin.

Thanks I will pull the codes and post them.

Regards, Randy

Thanks for any insight

Thanks I will pull the codes and post them.

Regards, Randy

The only codes I get are

IPM B1004 history

SDM U1016 history

Thanks, Randy

If the blower has three wires on it, it is a pulse width modulated motor and you won't be able to bench test it easily unless you can feed a lower voltage to the control terminal.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived