CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Jiffy Lube

MAC

... I was charged an extra $20 for some reason. ...
The "extended life" antifreeze probably costs more than "universal."

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Did they use a FLUSH machine?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Did they use a FLUSH machine?

Yes.

I plan on draining the radiator next weekend and refilling with 50/50 Prestone Dex-Cool, which is GM approved.

I quit going to Jiffy Lube after they destroyed the transfer case in my 4x4. Their employee turnover is horrific - a whole new crew every visit. I switched to Grease Monkey.

Like earlier posters say, this is bargain service. I use these kinds of services only because I don't want to do it - I bring my own oil and filters.

When I first brought my car to Grease Monkey, I taped over the coolant fill cap and wrote the words "DO NOT SERVICE" on it. I didn't want to take the chance that they'd put non-DexCool in it. The risk is too high if they botch it.

I don't let these guys do anything other than change the oil, replace the oil/air filter, fill the windshield fluid, check the tires and vacuum the carpets. They are not qualified to perform the other services they offer.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I quit going to Jiffy Lube after they destroyed the transfer case in my 4x4. Their employee turnover is horrific - a whole new crew every visit. I switched to Grease Monkey.

Like earlier posters say, this is bargain service. I use these kinds of services only because I don't want to do it - I bring my own oil and filters.

When I first brought my car to Grease Monkey, I taped over the coolant fill cap and wrote the words "DO NOT SERVICE" on it. I didn't want to take the chance that they'd put non-DexCool in it. The risk is too high if they botch it.

I don't let these guys do anything other than change the oil, replace the oil/air filter, fill the windshield fluid, check the tires and vacuum the carpets. They are not qualified to perform the other services they offer.

I'm afraid to even use 'em for oil changes, I'm sure I'd walk out with only 5quarts of oil :lol:

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I contacted my Visa carrier to dispute the charge for the defective service. I also contacted Jiffy Lube's customer service through their website and told them all about the lying and failure to follow my instructions to only refill with Dex-Cool. I also advised Jiffy Lube headquarters that I have disputed the charge. This weekend I plan on draining the radiator and refile with Prestone Dex-Cool, which is GM approved. I want to make sure the Universal coolant is at the very least sufficiently diluted that it won't harm anything.

I contacted my Visa carrier to dispute the charge for the defective service. I also contacted Jiffy Lube's customer service through their website and told them all about the lying and failure to follow my instructions to only refill with Dex-Cool. I also advised Jiffy Lube headquarters that I have disputed the charge. This weekend I plan on draining the radiator and refile with Prestone Dex-Cool, which is GM approved. I want to make sure the Universal coolant is at the very least sufficiently diluted that it won't harm anything.

All good ideas.

Posted Image

Today I saw Prestone 50/50 antifreeze which "could be mixed with ANY coolant". The lable indicated there were NO silicates. I do not know whether that's what they call "universal".

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Today I saw Prestone 50/50 antifreeze which "could be mixed with ANY coolant". The lable indicated there were NO silicates. I do not know whether that's what they call "universal".

I was told by a Jiffy Lube technician that Prestone universal is used, which is what you saw. That's good for my situation because I don't want silicates in my cooling system. However, it still doesn't excuse Jiffy Lube from failing to follow my instructions to use Dex-Cool.

That's good news

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I do not understand how that chain manages to stay in business. They have been all over the news shows like 20/20, Dateline, etc. where hidden cameras showed service not performed that was paid for, etc. They even screw up oil changes - leaving the oil filter loose, not tightening the drain plug, stripping the drain plug, not changing the oil filter, etc.

It would be a cold day in (that unmentionable place) before I'd let those morons touch any of my cars.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived