CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

83 coupe 4100 Sudden White coolant smoke

CoupeDTS

This may be the wrong month to ask about pictures as December in Nebraska may not be the time to take out a newly rebuilt car and try it out, but, if the dates on the photos are accurate, the last one you attached is in September, with the engine looking right at home under the hood of your car. How does it all work out, on the road?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may be the wrong month to ask about pictures as December in Nebraska may not be the time to take out a newly rebuilt car and try it out, but, if the dates on the photos are accurate, the last one you attached is in September, with the engine looking right at home under the hood of your car. How does it all work out, on the road?

Yes its stored for the winter. I put it all together in record time. From the 4100 breaking to driving the car with the new engine it was around 1 1/2 months. I had a deadline to meet which pushed me. I wanted to drive the car to KC for a lowrider show and wasnt going to let the blown motor stop me. I got it done 1 week before the show and so had 1 week to work out kinks. And there were of course! But it made it to KC and back, 400 mile round trip. I had a few leaks but nothing I couldnt fix. The motor ran good though, decent gas mileage too. After the trip I put the car away. Theres a few things i need to work on before I bring it out again in the spring. And for those wondering, theres a HUGE difference in power compared to that 4100!!

Sorry I didnt update this topic before. I hate when people have problems and dont come back to tell us what solved their problem.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Thank you for the updates.

Very nice swap.

Looks like it belongs there.

Thanks B)

There is quite a bit of room between the engine and radiator but thats where the motor is supposed to sit for header clearance and transmission hookup. Thats why i went with an electric fan, otherwise to use a regular fan you would need an extention on it and a big ugly fan shroud.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Thank you for the updates.

Very nice swap.

Looks like it belongs there.

Thanks B)

There is quite a bit of room between the engine and radiator but thats where the motor is supposed to sit for header clearance and transmission hookup. Thats why i went with an electric fan, otherwise to use a regular fan you would need an extention on it and a big ugly fan shroud.

You did a nice, clean and neat installation.

I like neat work. :D:D

Posted Image

i saw a similar car on the side of the highway this weekend. had at least 24" rims on it. they call that a "donk"?. huge cloud of white smoke under the car. maybe he was heading to the winter storage barn?

Archived