CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Is OnStar worth the money?

MAC

I would be sure and get the AC/Delco air filter element. Bruce did extensive performance comparisons between K&R and other air cleaners and intakes way back when and never found anything to match the performance of the factory stuff, and even the element is important for overall peak performance. And, the AC/Delco air cleaner element filters dust best, too.

The MAP sensor is on the intake manifold, on my car (1997 model year) near the intake end. Mine gave a diagnostic once, and I had it out in my hand, looked at it, and decided to give it another chance. I just made sure that the connector was clean an tight. That was several years ago and it's never peeped since. I think it got a little grease on a connector when I got the fuel line recall work done, a few months before.

The MAF sensor sounds more like what your trouble code was because that's what reads the airflow. You know what that is and where it is; it may have lint on it or something. I would look at that too, and clean it and its connector contacts and/or the throttle body, and make sure that the throttle cable, IAC, etc. were clean and working properly. And, make sure that the hose between the throttle body and the air cleaner is tight and not leaking, the air cleaner housing is seated tightly over the PCM, etc.

Actually, I believe you are correct about the problem being the MAF sensor and not the MAP sensor--I'll check what I wrote down. I believe I was told it is the MAF. I corrected it in my post #24. Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: It is the MAF sensor.

Archived