CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ahh... backfire?????

bigfoo

everything on the car is original from 99 except the corsa exhaust and K&N filter i put in ..

Obviously stuff like the brakes, oil, etc have been changed.. few other things like seat heaters, ddm, various small things but nothing in the engine.. all the plugs, wires, fpr, fuel filters, etc haven't been changed as far as i know.. only has 77k or so miles on it i think maybe 78.. The last thing I had done under warranty was replacing the shocks and they also did a ...trying to remember.. half case something seal for an oil leak (that was a big job)

Now that i have the shop manuals...... :) I'll be taking things apart

It's always nice when nothing serious is happening to the car and the small stuff seem a big deal. I revel in those situations. Just remember to start cheap and work up to the more expensive replacements. Probably the fuel filter first, check the plug wires, and check the plugs (proper gap and condition). I'm sure some of the other comedians have their input as well. Just don't get crazy or you may find yourself wishing that you were back to the original 1 out of 50 hiccup problem. I think we've all been there.

-kg

206,000 miles

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived