CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

So far so good

JIMDTS

I talked to the ins. co. today and it will be all oem parts no aftermarket.Still don't know the total but I'm sure it will be costly repair with the damage involved.Heck just to replace the exhaust tips which are chrome the proper way to do it is replace the whole exhaust sys. from the cat back the exhaust is over $1500 plus labor so watch those exahust tips mine were scratched up on the bottom of the tips..New front and rear bumper facia's & rocker panels and some scratches here and there Between the crooks and the tow truck they did some damage..

Now time will tell on how the car comes out of the shop..

Cheers

Jim

Hi Logan

I don't know what happens to the old parts in this case but I'll check on it. Due to it an ins. claim who owns the parts I'm not sure..Mine is in not bad shape just small scratches that you would never see unless you were under the car The reason they are being replaced if you look close at the edge along the bottom them they have a dimples and they say that when you sand the scratches with a DA there goes the dimples so they just replace them at the dealer.. It's a shame to replace the facias(bumpers) for that but no complaints here.

I'll have a new dts yet Just kidding I would have rather had the car the way it was prior the loss of the wheels but this is all just cosmetics..

Cheers

JIm

I know of the micro dimples. They are on whats called the 'C' or 'D' surface. That wouldnt bother me. I think my current facia has some curb scrapes on the bottom.

If you could check into it that would great. The DTS facia is differnet then the Deville. So I am interested. I bet they would be willing to sell it for some small amount. I can get a good used one for maybe $200, new aftermarket for $300.

Its the last thing I need for the fake DTS.

Hi Logan

I will be at the dealer in the next day or so checking on my car from what i understand a new facia a original OEM gm is $340 but that's not painted or involve the R&R labor.. I believe those dimples can be put back on it's probably that stone gaurd stuff that 3m makes I was pricing some of the parts at the dealer so that way if I need to have some ammunition or bargining power I would know the pricing the adjuster offered the waive my deductible $250 for the exhaust tips if I let it go i told him forget that I'll go with a new exhaust for the scratched up tail pipe tips(tow truck damage)and not that bad on the bottom they have to replace the exhaust sys from the cat back the part is just over $1500 plus parts darn these parts add up fast

Jim

JIMDTS- Where are you located? That will affect the price I would offer on the front fascia. It has to be shipped also....so that an issue also. Its not exactly a small part....

The DTS fascia is kind of hard to find used. But dont mention that...LOL.

Hi Logan

I don't know what happens to the old parts in this case but I'll check on it. Due to it an ins. claim who owns the parts I'm not sure..Mine is in not bad shape just small scratches that you would never see unless you were under the car The reason they are being replaced if you look close at the edge along the bottom them they have a dimples and they say that when you sand the scratches with a DA there goes the dimples so they just replace them at the dealer.. It's a shame to replace the facias(bumpers) for that but no complaints here.

I'll have a new dts yet Just kidding I would have rather had the car the way it was prior the loss of the wheels but this is all just cosmetics..

Cheers

JIm

The bodyshop is stuck with the disposal of the used parts, AFTER the insurance company takes a quick look at them, which many times, they don't. They are plastic and not considered household rubbish and therefore have to be disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations through a commercial cartage company.

I would ask, but I'm sure the bodyshop will let you have it but be sure to ask them as soon as possible.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived