CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Eldorado1996?Caddy Newbie needs Help!

Thanks man...i had some codes in the past week or so but they were history and i cleared them...I will run it again and see what happens,also i installed a after market (hotwire no harness)DVD/ radio which i just removed yesterday...Could it have mess with the computer thing?Because i also had a smell and smoke coming out my vents and my blower stopped working 2 days or 40 miles right before i start having the tranny issues...I bought a new one and it doesnt work either...i hook it up without removing just to test...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you changed the wiring harness and smoke came out the A/C vents, you need to find and fix that. Unless there is a compelling reason to use something like an aftermarket wiring harness, I would put the old wiring back. If you must keep it, you need a factory shop manual with schematics, full instructions with the wiring you are putting in, and some time to knowledgeably work out how to hook the new wires up to the car's wiring.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,my eldo dont seem to shift i think its taking off and stay on 3rd,when i drop to 2 i feekl the reduction(dealer wants to put a new tranny) i drove it today 30 miles on d and on 3 at 60 mph 4000rpm's...p0741 comes and goes...gonna check the voltage on pin connector tomorrow or over the weekend...anything else before i spend 2 gs on her?

Archived