CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

my 98 deville just had the brake lines replaced the mechanic unhooked the sensor on the air cleaner box and forgot to rehook it up so the check engine light came on Now i cannot seem to get it to turn off

i tried doing the trip reset button deal but it only says all monitored systems are ok cant seem to get anything else out of it

It does have the trouble codes stored in it that go along with the air box 1 is PO102 the other is PO113 BOTH I think go along with the air box

Can Anyone tell me how the heck i get this light off now and get the codes to reset themselves

Thanks

Gordon

flasht62@fairpoint.net

P0102:

* The PCM will turn the MIL OFF after three consecutive drive trips that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

* A Last Test Failed (current) DTC will clear when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

* A History DTC will clear after forty consecutive warm-up cycles with no failures of any emission related diagnostic test.

* Use a scan tool to clear DTCs.

* Interrupting PCM battery voltage may or may not clear DTCs. This practice is not recommended. Refer to Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes in PCM Description and Operation.

P0113:

* The PCM will turn the MIL OFF after three consecutive drive trips that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

* A Last Test Failed (current) DTC will clear when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

* A History DTC will clear after forty consecutive warm-up cycles with no failures of any emission related diagnostic test.

* Interrupting PCM battery voltage may or may not clear DTCs. This practice is not recommended. Refer to Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes in PCM Description and Operation.

P0102 is the MAF, and P0113 is the intake air sensor. Two different sensors / plugs. Are you sure both have been re-established?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

P0102:

P0113:

========================================================

Yes they have both been reinstalled and i have driven it 3 times now i have been told if i unhook th battery for 30 minutes that will clear them also

thanks

ordon

P0102 is the MAF, and P0113 is the intake air sensor. Two different sensors / plugs. Are you sure both have been re-established?

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF & WARMER buttons. Release when all segments of the DIC light up. Use the HIGH FAN button to answer yes and the LOW FAN button to answer no to the prompts. Answer no until you see CLEAR CODES?. Or just drive it. After 3 ignition cycles with no fault detected, the light will go out and the codes will go into history for 50 ignition cycles.

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF & WARMER buttons. Release when all segments of the DIC light up. Use the HIGH FAN button to answer yes and the LOW FAN button to answer no to the prompts. Answer no until you see CLEAR CODES?. Or just drive it. After 3 ignition cycles with no fault detected, the light will go out and the codes will go into history for 50 ignition cycles.

=========================================================

Thanks

i will try that and let you know how it works

thanks

gordon

well i finally got the service engine light off after fooling with it for awhile

Thanks

Now i have another similar problem with a 87 deville my daughter owns

Hers the dashboard is just blank no lights at all and autozone tells her they cannot get codes out of it to see what the problem is

Is there a way to get the codes out of it Or to turn the digital dash back on Or does anyone know where to begin looking for the problem with it

Thanks Again

gordon

You'd get the codes the same way out of an '87, but you need to have the fuel display working.

=======================================================

the fuel gauge will not light up along with any of the rest of them like the speedo and others

Is there a way to get them out of a 2000 buick century this way also at least that car of hers the gauges all work but it is a non digital or non LED dash type

Thanks

Gordon

Archived