CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4.9 where a 4.5 used to be

Well this is an update for those who read my earlier posts.....

the 4.9 from the 91 Deville went in fine. I had a bit of a problem with the electrical hookups and silly me cut the harnesses on the 91 Deville before puting the 4.9 in the 90 Deville. *DUH* But with some help from Alldata, Chiltons, & Mitchell I was able to get that problem straightened out also.

There is still a lot of work to be done before the first starting of it, and the combination of my health and the weather have not allowed me a lot of time to work on it, but I forsee that soon it will be ready for that too. *GRIN*

It is a good thing that I had the old 91 Deville on hand as a donor car for parts. It seems that the person that I got the 90 Deville off of was not totally honest with me about it's condition. There were a lot of things missing, like the compressor for the load leveling air shocks, and other things. but I got those put in also.

Like I said, things are coming together and are actually working, *GRIN* This makes the wife happy and as all married men know, "When Momma is happy, everyone is happy!!!

Archived