CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

In-car video with datalogger overlay

Caddyinfo Video Test setup Test from Bruce Nunnally on Vimeo.

I am experimenting with some software called Trackvision which allows data from the PerformanceBox GPS datalogger to be overlaid on video from the same run.

So this way in the video you can see a representation of the live G-force and Speed of the CTS during the 0-60 acceleration run.

I put it on Vimeo instead of Youtube because the quality of the video after host compression is better. After play you can click on the arrows to the left of the 'Vimeo' logo in the lower right to see the video full screen. Hit escape from fullscreen to get back to windowed view.

Full tabular data here. This run was 0-60 mph in 6.3 sec with no roll-out, 0.27 less with roll-out considered.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The dash overlay graphics themselves can be change / modified. There are several selections available in the default set and a custom dash can be created.

I am thinking I'll setup some default Caddyinfo dash with a Caddyinfo.com logo, speedometer in analog/digital, and a lateral acceleration indication.

Do you think the video quality is sufficient? This was 640x480 off a Flip Ultra. They have inexpensive HD cams now, like the Kodak Zi6 HD or Flip Mino HD. The video services do support HD video.

Bruce

After a ton of spreadsheet work to get hp readings from the PerformanceBox data file, which seems to be progressing well, I also decided to experiment with calculating RPM for the data file.

By examining the current velocity, and considering the CTS' gearing, and knowing the test is mostly at WOT, it is easy to calculate the gear and RPM at each velocity.

By adding that calculated RPM to the datafile prior to the video overlay, I was able to add a 'live' tach:

Caddyinfo Trackvision RPM Test from Bruce Nunnally on Vimeo.

The shudder at the beginning of the acceleration run during the launch is caused by a bit of wheel hop. I am looking at the CTS-V rear suspension bushings from Specter as a good add-on to prevent that and help launches.

Bruce

Re-save of Video Trackvision H264 from Bruce Nunnally on Vimeo.

This is the same thing over again but after I have registered the Trackvision software it saves the video in a slightly different

way, and allows some text.

I would like to eventually also add the 0-60 result in a table on the video, but will have to work out how to do that.

Bruce

Caddyinfo Trackvision Time Table from Bruce Nunnally on Vimeo.

This video adds a wooden dash look, and 0-80mph results in 10 mph increments.

Bruce

Archived