CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How do i make my caddy growl?

Performance mufflers will do nicely. The brand can determine the exact tone of the result. Some models have a resonator ahead of the muffler as well that can be modified/removed.

I think Borla mufflers have a nice tone on a Northstar.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Performance mufflers will do nicely. The brand can determine the exact tone of the result. Some models have a resonator ahead of the muffler as well that can be modified/removed.

Ok, is there something i need to do so my car doesn't sound like an import tuner? Im looking to achieve that muscle car growl. Anything i should stay away from? Will a shop install these for me or is this a DIY type install?

Although I haven't done it yet, I've been considering similar. Check local Auto supply stores for a FlowMaster demonstrator. It has audio to give an idea of how each FlowMaster Series muffler sounds. 50 or 60 Series might be what you are looking for. It's not a difficult installation if you have some tools, but I'd pay a pro to do it. Laying on the concrete is not much fun and a pro will do the job in less than 30min.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Archived