CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

window sprocket

The parts catalog at rockauto.com can help with questions like this.

Here is a picture of the front window motor for a 97 Deville; the sprocket shown is part of the window motor.

drm742-104_1.jpg

The sprocket that moves along the channel and engages the one one shown as part of the motor is part of the window channel. (or window guide? I am confused between those). They don't show a sales price for the channel, it may be a dealer only piece.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The parts catalog at rockauto.com can help with questions like this.

Here is a picture of the front window motor for a 97 Deville; the sprocket shown is part of the window motor.

drm742-104_1.jpg

The sprocket that moves along the channel and engages the one one shown as part of the motor is part of the window channel. (or window guide? I am confused between those). They don't show a sales price for the channel, it may be a dealer only piece.

yea i need the other sprocket that the sprocket shown locks in to which is probably a dealer only part

So I went to the GM dealer yesterday, and come to find out the part I needed was called the window module. It is a steel plate and on the plate comes the window regulator, motor, and all the gears. They told me $350 in labor and $915 for the part. Then the GM dealer said they could get me a used one for $200, which was still more than I had to spend, so I went to the local salvage yard and picked one up for $100. I put it in my self and that was a pain it took a good 3.5 hours and 6 stitches in my knuckle from the metal around the door. But it is fixed now and works better than ever.

Archived