CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Quick Question On Defroster Grille

DaveCarter

Not sure if that feature remained the same down through the years, IIRC the defroster grill on my '93 SLS just popped out. The defroster grill on my '01 ETC definately pops out - Sometimes when I don't want it to. :(

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

NO! Don't pull on it. It's held in by 2 screws. The '02 FSM says that you must remove the upper I/P first. One screw in each dash vent, then you can lift it up to get at the defroster vent screws.

NO! Don't pull on it. It's held in by 2 screws. The '02 FSM says that you must remove the upper I/P first. One screw in each dash vent, then you can lift it up to get at the defroster vent screws.

The windshield garnish moldings simply pull off and then snap back on.

Regards,

Warren

TrimPad.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Dave,

I would err on the side of caution. Ranger and WarrenJ know boatloads more than I do about Caddys. I've worked on cars for a long time, but only a few Caddys, and as we know, they are a different kind of beast. If you have to tug that hard, I would look for screws for fear of snapping something off.

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

Archived