CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GMPartsDirect.com

OK, I'm going to rant a bit about GMPartsDirect's shipping and handling charges. I priced a new front strut and they are selling it for $770.22. I figured it was a good price considering OEM struts can cost upwards of about a grand or more each. So, out of curiosity, I put the strut in my cart and thought I would check out the total cost. Hmmmm....Well, shipping & handling ended up being $161.75. :o I priced the strut at Rockauto and ground shipping and handling is $7.99.

GMPartsDirect belongs in the Hall of Shame for obviously lying about its prices by using ridiculous shipping and handling charges to disguise the real price they are selling the item for.

So, GMPartsDirect can be a big rip off! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't buy from them simply because they are dishonest even if they do have reasonable prices for other parts. I would rather buy from a supplier that is up front with everything, which includes not playing games with shipping and handling charges.

I am not defending gmpartsdirect because they are extremely slow and you can't talk to someone but their price is the dealer cost - all their profit is in the shipping and handling charge.

I don't waste my time ordering from them anymore - It took them almost three weeks to ship a set if spark plugs....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

What used to be Brasington Cadillac-Saab is now part of Palm Chevrolet in Gainesville, FL. The parts guys were included in the move.

They prefer to provide quotes via gmparts@gmotors.com but you can talk to a real person at 352-376-7581. Have your VIN available.

I have purchased many OEM parts from what used to be Brasington and was always satisfied.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

While gmpartsdirect does "explain" their high shipping if you search and read it, in the end, their prices are about the same as everyone else, but they will get business from the unsuspecting first like they did with Mac. You ALWAYS have to compare the bottom line and incl S&H. That said I think it is still a deceptive practice and add to that the fact that they will not talk to you, I no longer do business with them either (nor do I recommend them). I have had GREAT costumer service and fast shipping along with good pricing from gmotors. For dealer only parts, they get my business for ANY GM part.

This reminds me of the free-for-life deals offered on infomercials: "Buy our weedwhacker thingamabob and get free refills for life!" They don't mention those free refills will set you back $14.95 for S/H fees each time.

The "free" refills are rarely worth more than $2.00 or so; they make a handsome profit delivering those freebee refills to you.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

What used to be Brasington Cadillac-Saab is now part of Palm Chevrolet in Gainesville, FL. The parts guys were included in the move.

They prefer to provide quotes via gmparts@gmotors.com but you can talk to a real person at 352-376-7581. Have your VIN available.

I have purchased many OEM parts from what used to be Brasington and was always satisfied.

I agree, I like gmotors and the guys that you can talk to

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived