CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bit by the Caddy bug again!

My wife saw a really sharp 01 Crimson STS today and she told me about it as soon as she got home. I wasn't really looking for another car, but when we stopped and looked at it tonight after we went out for a movie, I was struck by how awesome that car looked! It is for sale by owner, 50K miles and they are asking $8,900 OBO. I think that is a little high, but I think I have to at least take this car for a ride and think out my options. It just is too sweet to at least find out more! :rolleyes:

I think my HHR SS got jealous, as we were driving home talking about it the service engine light comes on! There was a message about servicing Electonic Stability Control and Traction Control and the engine power was reduced... Do cars have feelings too? :lol: If I did by the STS, I would still keep the SS. I would probably hand down the 98 Riviera to my son who will be graduating from college in June. He'll need a car for his job in sales. He wants to by a new car of course, but I'd rather he started off with something like our Buick till he gets his feet firmly on the ground in the job.

Other than the usual checking of the trouble code history and maintanence (like coolant change) is there anything with this model and year Caddy that I should look out for? I'll keep you posted on my findings on this... Wish me luck! B)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

My wife saw a really sharp 01 Crimson STS today and she told me about it as soon as she got home. I wasn't really looking for another car, but when we stopped and looked at it tonight after we went out for a movie, I was struck by how awesome that car looked! It is for sale by owner, 50K miles and they are asking $8,900 OBO. I think that is a little high, but I think I have to at least take this car for a ride and think out my options. It just is too sweet to at least find out more! :rolleyes:

I think my HHR SS got jealous, as we were driving home talking about it the service engine light comes on! There was a message about servicing Electonic Stability Control and Traction Control and the engine power was reduced... Do cars have feelings too? :lol: If I did by the STS, I would still keep the SS. I would probably hand down the 98 Riviera to my son who will be graduating from college in June. He'll need a car for his job in sales. He wants to by a new car of course, but I'd rather he started off with something like our Buick till he gets his feet firmly on the ground in the job.

Other than the usual checking of the trouble code history and maintanence (like coolant change) is there anything with this model and year Caddy that I should look out for? I'll keep you posted on my findings on this... Wish me luck! B)

Hopefully you will find a decent replacement for your Eldo. GOOD LUCK!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Thanks Adallak!

Yes, it would be nice to be sitting behind the wheel of a nice Cadillac again. I don't think I ever got over losing that beautiful car like that in the hit/run... I still have a picture of the Sprucegoose on the wall at my office!

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I don't know of any unique things to watch for with an 01 STS. As with any used car it would be good to run a carfax and pay to have an independent mechanic evaluate it before you buy.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

you have no interest in the newer RWD STS cars? i see 05's going for pretty good prices. I was next to a STS-V in traffic yesterday and thought it would be so nice to have a RWD car. I noticed the muffs were a dull silver color. almost looked aftermarket but than i am no expert on new V cars? hmm, a super car and an aftermarket exhaust. some people have too much fun.

you have no interest in the newer RWD STS cars? i see 05's going for pretty good prices.

Oh sure, I have interest... I love those newer STSs! But there is no way I could talk myself into spending that kind of money for one right now. I have to be honest, I really don't even need this 01 as I already have 5 vehicles in my garage and driveway including my company vehicle!

I would definitely cruise at steady increments from 60mph to 75mph, sensing for any vibrations.

I had the shimmy on both of these vintage STS', and spent a lot of money trying to unsuccessfully cure the shimmy.

I'd also run by a radiator shop, and get someone to test the coolant for exhaust gasses.

Other than that, go for it!

My 99 was crimson pearl ... they seem to be increasingly rare around my parts.

Definitely my favourite STS colour.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I would definitely cruise at steady increments from 60mph to 75mph, sensing for any vibrations.

I had the shimmy on both of these vintage STS', and spent a lot of money trying to unsuccessfully cure the shimmy.

I'd also run by a radiator shop, and get someone to test the coolant for exhaust gasses.

Other than that, go for it!

My 99 was crimson pearl ... they seem to be increasingly rare around my parts.

Definitely my favourite STS colour.

Thanks Ted! Definitely good suggestions. I do remember you or someone else mentioning that shimmy problem before. I always take any car I am serious about out on the highway and stretch it legs. That is where I do most of my driving and you want to make sure she is lined up and smooth for sure.

I didn't get a chance to get ahold of the owner about it today. To busy... but hopefully tomorrow.

Archived