CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pulling, and burning oil

Roxy

Hi, I just bought a 2005 Cadi with 47,000 KM on it. Its a CTS 2.8L V6... it was a second hand car. From the dealership, they pulled the maintenance check for this car, and it seemed as though the owner previously was taking care if it. Since we've had it, its been in the shop more than we have driven it.

It burns about a quart every 1000KM and when it starts to get low, it feels like its pulling, or chugging at normal steady speeds.

I had it brought in to the dealership and he told me I had to replace the clutch, it wasn't under covered... 3500 $.

I had a noise like I couldn't explain to you, I knew it wasn't a clutch, it was engine noise.

I brought it home and had a flat bed come pick it up, and bring it for a second opinion.

He called me and told me there was about 1 quart of oil left in the car. The car was just passed 5000 km. They do oil changes every 8000 km.

So there wasn't any evidence of oil leaking, and they checked the exhaust, and there weren't any carbon deposits... so where is the oil going????

I just had the oil changed, the car was working beautifully, now just about to hit 1000 Km since the last oil change, and it looks like my oil is pretty black, and needs a quart.

My battery was also completely drained and I needed to replace it as well.

The pulling back feeling, or chugging is starting to come back slowly, and thats why we checked the oil level to discover this.

ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM ??? WHY CAN'T WE FIGURE IT OUT ?? I still have a warrenty too.... should I just get rid of the car before I have to replace a whole engine? And why did the moron tell me I needed a clutch, when I needed to pull oil in the car??

When I walk in there because I'm a female, I swear they all pull out wallet because I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Thank you

Hi, I just bought a 2005 Cadi with 47,000 KM on it. Its a CTS 2.8L V6... it was a second hand car. From the dealership, they pulled the maintenance check for this car, and it seemed as though the owner previously was taking care if it. Since we've had it, its been in the shop more than we have driven it.

It burns about a quart every 1000KM and when it starts to get low, it feels like its pulling, or chugging at normal steady speeds.

I had it brought in to the dealership and he told me I had to replace the clutch, it wasn't under covered... 3500 $.

I had a noise like I couldn't explain to you, I knew it wasn't a clutch, it was engine noise.

I brought it home and had a flat bed come pick it up, and bring it for a second opinion.

He called me and told me there was about 1 quart of oil left in the car. The car was just passed 5000 km. They do oil changes every 8000 km.

So there wasn't any evidence of oil leaking, and they checked the exhaust, and there weren't any carbon deposits... so where is the oil going????

I just had the oil changed, the car was working beautifully, now just about to hit 1000 Km since the last oil change, and it looks like my oil is pretty black, and needs a quart.

My battery was also completely drained and I needed to replace it as well.

The pulling back feeling, or chugging is starting to come back slowly, and thats why we checked the oil level to discover this.

ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM ??? WHY CAN'T WE FIGURE IT OUT ?? I still have a warrenty too.... should I just get rid of the car before I have to replace a whole engine? And why did the moron tell me I needed a clutch, when I needed to pull oil in the car??

When I walk in there because I'm a female, I swear they all pull out wallet because I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Thank you

Welcome to cadyinfo.com! Sorry to hear all this. I think calling the person who wanted to replace the clutch a moron and not calling any names the person who said there was only 1gtr of oil inside of the engine is not fair. :lol: Ask a MALE friend to take care of that car.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Roxy,

Since you now know that it burns a lot of oil and you still have warranty on it..go to the dealer and explain that it is using a lot of oil and that you want to do a oil consumption test.

If it is really using that much oil, GM should either repair or replace the engine as needed.

There are specific guidelines on oil consumption.

In the meantime, be sure to check the oil and keep it at the proper level.

Posted Image

Archived