CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

92 Eldorado running horrible!

iforget

I got this 92 Eldorado running horrible! Its studdering extremely bad. I sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle body bc at first glance it looked carborated to me.. Did the trick for about a half a day. It ran great! Then the problem started back. I changed the fuel filter, same thing ran good for a day or so then back to the same studdering. If I pump the gas a couple times before starting it runs fine for awhile. I figure its gotta be a gas related problem. It also backfires which leads me to believe its running too rich. I got some codes coming up aswell but nothing that seems to be gas related. codes:E052-pcm memory not set I052-Keep alive memory error

R026-Driver initiator circut open R051- frontal crash detected (im guessing it got into a wreck before I got it) Does someone have any clues? Pleeeeeease Help!

I got this 92 Eldorado running horrible! Its studdering extremely bad. I sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle body bc at first glance it looked carborated to me.. Did the trick for about a half a day. It ran great! Then the problem started back. I changed the fuel filter, same thing ran good for a day or so then back to the same studdering. If I pump the gas a couple times before starting it runs fine for awhile. I figure its gotta be a gas related problem. It also backfires which leads me to believe its running too rich. I got some codes coming up aswell but nothing that seems to be gas related. codes:E052-pcm memory not set I052-Keep alive memory error

R026-Driver initiator circut open R051- frontal crash detected (im guessing it got into a wreck before I got it) Does someone have any clues? Pleeeeeease Help!

Welcome to caddyinfo.com!

Clean the back sides of throttle blades, bores and two EGR tubes you can see under the blades. The tubes can be plugged with carbon, use a coat hunger to clean them up.

Turn the ignition ON and pull a vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator. There should be no signs of fuel dripping from the nipple. The FPR looks like a 2" mushroom and is close to the throttle body.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

You might check the plugs and wires also. I would bet on the FPR. On my 92 Deville the FPR was a pain to get off because of a screw that holds it in place is only accessed from below. It's like it was screwed on with the fuel rail off and upside down. I finally got mine off but it was a slow process and takes alot of patience.

It appears your car ran great on two occasions. Each of those times you diddled the fuel and it ran well. That should tell you something.

I'm guessing you need to look at just what kinda crap is in your tank. But that's just me, and I'm just sayin' . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

BTW, pumping the gas on a fuel injected engine does nothing.

OTOH, holding the pedal to the floor results in no fuel being delivered to the engine while cranking. That "flood recovery" thing.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived