CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville STS 2001 Advice - UK Car

Hi Guys

I'm UK based and have come across a 2001 Seville STS local to me, as I am UK based there is very little local workshop knowledge on these cars or plentiful/cheap spares etc. Can someone take a look over the Ebay listing for me and try and get a feel for the car? (difficult I know :huh: ) and advise any vital areas to check? There seems to be a slightly revealed overheating problem reading between the lines in the text, anything to worry about? Also the MPG figures quoted, are these realistic? Any info appreciated :)

Ebay link :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110358835784

Thanks!

Opinion only!

Given the owner reports the engine coolant temperature reaches that much higher than 12:00 o'clock on the gauge, I would walk (run?) away from further consideration. There are too many unknowns regarding the health of that engine and cooling system.

GM is fighting to maintain a pulse in the domestic market. Do not expect them to improve the parts & servce availabiltiy situation off-shore any time soon.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi

Thanks for the info all, further research on the forum does suggest problematical head gasket(s) with this model, good call. I'm still tempted by the performance but think I'll let my head rule my heart on this occassion :)

Hi

Thanks for the info all, further research on the forum does suggest problematical head gasket(s) with this model, good call. I'm still tempted by the performance but think I'll let my head rule my heart on this occassion :)

Archived