CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ebay Musings: 06 STS-V or 08 STS

Bruce Nunnally

I see my local dealer has 2 interesting cars on ebay.

06 STS-V: Factory Certified, 29K miles, $26K.

469hp supercharged Northstar, performance suspension, performance brakes...

5bd3_4.JPG

5d0b_4.JPG

08 STS V8: Factory Certified, 21K miles, $25K.

320hp RWD NS with wood trim interior

5cc3_4.JPG

5bdb_4.JPG

That would be a hard pick. I love the jewel-like 4.4L Supercharged NS engine in the V, but I like the wood interior and 2 years newer 320HP STS.

No Nav on the STS though would be a deal breaker.

My CTS still ready to go another year or two under warranty, no problem. Sure are some nice tempting deals available though.

Hopefully I can grab an 07 or 08 STS-V or perhaps an 09 STS V8 NS when I'm ready for the next Cadillac.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yes, any of the V-Series cars are runners. And the STS-V makes a great compromise of power, handling, brakes and luxury, with the only real drawback the mpg. For me personally the lack of a wood steering wheel (did not provide good enough grip for the track) is a minor issue, and the asymmetrical front and rear wheels/tires. I frequently forget to rotate tires anyway, so this might be a boon :lol:

Bruce

This is not a hard decision at all, the 06-V in a heartbeat... The 08 "update" was not much of an update... The 06 is prettier on the inside AND the outside.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

does pat swayze on "the beast" tv show drive a STS-V? i watched topgear yesterday and they had a zr-1, cts-v and challenger all highlighted.

Are these all sigma chassis, same as the SRX? I hope not, those SRX's did not impress me. Oh, they handled well, and seemed very solid overall, but I would have NEVER put a Cadillac emblem on an SRX. Ride was harsh, mostly at speeds around 70+, and noisy. Low speed running was OK, comfortable and faily quiet, but the chassis tune was a little TOO european for me.

Too bad they didn't make a V in the pre 2004 Seville, now that would have been a car!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

This is not a hard decision at all, the 06-V in a heartbeat...

That's ALMOST correct. Were it a coupe, my checkbook might have been all over that! Helloooo Cadillac . . . youse guys got a coupe in there somewhere?

Please don't step on the dead horse I just beat. :D

Back in early January I went to take a look-see at an advertised XLR at King O'Rourke Cadillac. It was an '04 with under 9,000 miles @ $31,950. But it had been SOLD. Since then I bought some gold (which I wouldn't advise anyone to do in the near term) and took a small stock market beating in the last two weeks. I'm "pulling in my horns" for now.

"Carl" from King O'Rourke left me voice mail on the phone Saturday regarding a black '06 XLR with less than 14,000 miles on it. I'd really like to look at it, but I'm afraid I just can't as long as I remain a number on this government's roulette wheel.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

[caranddriver]

Production of the CTS-V coupe in Lansing, Michigan, should start next summer shortly after that of the regular V-6 model, with pricing expected to be in the $65K neighborhood. It’s unclear if the coupe will introduce any new features to the CTS-V range, but Cadillac officials have said before that an adjustable traction-control system—developed in conjunction with the Speed World Challenge CTS-V race car—might be added in the future. What’s also unclear is if this vehicle will be the last of the V-badged Cadillacs, as the HPVO team that nurtured the beast—and numerous other tire-melting GM cars—has been reassigned to other GM projects more focused on fuel economy and turning a healthy profit.

Keep saving your pennies. Something near $40-45K for the CTS Coupe, or $65K for the future CTS-V Coupe.

Bruce

Are these all sigma chassis, same as the SRX? I hope not, those SRX's did not impress me. Oh, they handled well, and seemed very solid overall, but I would have NEVER put a Cadillac emblem on an SRX. Ride was harsh, mostly at speeds around 70+, and noisy. Low speed running was OK, comfortable and faily quiet, but the chassis tune was a little TOO european for me.

Too bad they didn't make a V in the pre 2004 Seville, now that would have been a car!

Similar to the SRX chassis but with different suspension tuning. I think you will find that the V-series cars tend to the performance end of the luxury vs performance range.

Bruce

Archived