CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Catera,

Kell_kell06

It means that you need to check your transmission fluid, and reset all the codes and see if any more problems are detected. Be sure and follow the transmission check-and-fill instructions in your owner's manual and don't overfill the transmission.

With all the panic about codes, perhaps you should check your battery. If it's original, it's about time that it is getting tired. If the voltage drops below 9 Volts when you start it cold, then all sorts of strange things begin to happen because modern cars like yours are operated by a bunch of computers on a network and they all must have 9 Volts or more to work.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

i dont have an owners manual it didn't come with the car. i was trying to check the fluid but it is a closed system so how would i do that or add it.... that might sound kind of dumb but on my old car it was easy to check.. i took the car to Valvoline and they said there isnt a way to check or add fluid there is only a drain plug....... also when i changed the last part the battery died in about 2 1/2 hours....... also when my old car which was a Concorde started to shake like this it was the trans fluid i had like none and had to buy 5 quarts for it.

... i took the car to Valvoline and they said there isnt a way to check or add fluid there is only a drain plug....
:bsmeter:

If there was no way to check or add fluid, then what would you do after you drained it?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived