CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTC 340

Jeff Wilson

A few days ago I had one of the power steering hoses replaced from my local garage. Ever since I got the car back the Service Engine light is on. Checked the codes and it came up with PCM 340.

DTC P0340 IC Module Cam Reference CKT No Frequency

By the way this is the second power steering hose since Dec 15th. I am sure they must have used a jobber hose. I told them to make sure to use GM parts this time.

Any help would be appreciated folks. I hope its something as simple as maybe they forgot to plug something in.

Jeff Wilson

What probably happened is "they" accidently dislodged the camshaft position sensor connector, or damaged the wire harness. I have changed that hose and that kind of damage says "sloppy work" to me.

The sensor is positioned on the cylinder head of the RH bank (firewall side) at the passenger (front) end of the engine.

Basically, inboard and aft of the power steering pump.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

What probably happened is "they" accidently dislodged the camshaft position sensor connector

Thanks Jim you were right is your diagnosis. I was going to print what you had said in your reply and take it the repair shop. Unfortunately, I live 5 hours away from where the work was performed.

Once again thanks for all of your help.

Jeff Wilson

Archived