CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GAS

Ranger

I stopped for gas on my way home from work 11:30 PM. When I went in to pay the girl says "I hope you filled it up". I said "Why, is is going up AGAIN"? SHe said "Yes, $0.23 tomorrow morning". Opec hasn't raised the price in a while and they are talking about increasing production. I SMELL A RAT!

Larry,

I wouldn't be so quick to believe her. She's pulling your leg...0.23 is too much in one day even by today's standards. Maybe she meant 2-3 cents.

MAC

Sorry, Mac. You have a good theory but, according to the TV this morning, gas went up nearly 30 cents over night! At the same time, they announced that oil prices dropped below $40 per barrel. Go figure!

Sorry, Mac. You have a good theory but, according to the TV this morning, gas went up nearly 30 cents over night! At the same time, they announced that oil prices dropped below $40 per barrel. Go figure!

PROFITS For the goverment AND the gas companies.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Oil goes up $.25 gas at the pump goes up $.55? It must be the "new" math they are teaching in schools. The math that puts high profits in their (oil companies and politicians) pockets. Also, to think most of the oil from Alaska goes overseas? What good does it do to open up the National Park land to drilling when it goes overseas! The Alaskian Pipeline should not go to the Ocean.

Oil goes up $.25 gas at the pump goes up $.55? It must be the "new" math they are teaching in schools. The math that puts high profits in their (oil companies and politicians) pockets. Also, to think most of the oil from Alaska goes overseas? What good does it do to open up the National Park land to drilling when it goes overseas! The Alaskian Pipeline should not go to the Ocean.

I can see the oil companies raising the price of gas a little bit, but in the past year it's gone up over 33% here in the United States. As I mentioned in another post, NOTHING in this country has risen that fast, not even the value of real estate which is now beginning to soften and actually fall.

They are TOTALLY hurting consumers, and mostly the people who earn minimum wage or a few dollars an hour more. It's dreadful, I feel so bad for those people. It's funny too because even where I eat breakfast, I've raised the tip I give the waiter in the morning since I know he has to drive to and from his job and I figure if I give him a little more, it mightl help him with the gas for his car.

Dreadful, simply dreadful.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I can see the oil companies raising the price of gas a little bit, but in the past year it's gone up over 33% here in the United States.

Oil companies are in business just as anyone else is. They can raise prices all they want, and we'll keep buying gas. But the way I see it, they're only hastening the end of their grip over our lives, because episodes like this will enlighten people to other forms of transportation (diesel, electric), or at least more efficient ones (gasoline/electric hybrids, public transportation, etc). I know that not everyone has access to some of these means, but I'm speaking on a broader level. The more they play with their monopoly over the public, I think the more tired we (meaning everyone, consumers and automakers) will get of it and eventually turn to other means, highlighted above, and lessen the oil companies' control on our lives.

But until then, I'm keeping my Northstar spun up and charging. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I can see the oil companies raising the price of gas a little bit, but in the past year it's gone up over 33% here in the United States.

Oil companies are in business just as anyone else is. They can raise prices all they want, and we'll keep buying gas. But the way I see it, they're only hastening the end of their grip over our lives, because episodes like this will enlighten people to other forms of transportation (diesel, electric), or at least more efficient ones (gasoline/electric hybrids, public transportation, etc). I know that not everyone has access to some of these means, but I'm speaking on a broader level. The more they play with their monopoly over the public, I think the more tired we (meaning everyone, consumers and automakers) will get of it and eventually turn to other means, highlighted above, and lessen the oil companies' control on our lives.

But until then, I'm keeping my Northstar spun up and charging. :)

You know what's really funny now? I'm seeing LOADS of used SUV's showing up in car lots......LOLOLOLOLLOL!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

What? You thought I could resist? But it's OK to spend $5.00 a gallon for water, right? Nothing "fishy" about that! (Sorry, just had to say it.)

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

What? You thought I could resist? But it's OK to spend $5.00 a gallon for water, right? Nothing "fishy" about that! (Sorry, just had to say it.)

I buy distilled water only for my cats at 99 cents a gallon because the tap water makes them sick. As for me, I drink mostly milk and red wine.....LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

do you drink 3-4 gallons of water on your way to work johnny?! it's not really relative... :huh:

do you drink 3-4 gallons of water on your way to work johnny?! it's not really relative...

Good point lac, The gas prices are getting so bad I actually considered trading my caddy for a hybrid for a moment, but just for a moment. Why can't Cadillac get displacement on demand or mult-dispacement system like on the new Chrysler 300C. Shame on you GM!!

I just stopped by my local DELTA station this morning to tank up and the price of premium came DOWN by one penny. It's now at $2.08/gallon for 93 octane.

It's odd, because while everyone else was raising prices like crazy here in New Jersey, the DELTA station held the price at $2.09/gallon for 93 octane. And now, it's DOWN by a penny. He's got to be making a profit, there's no doubt about that, so I guess it does "sorta prove" that there is a lot of price gouging going on as well.

do you drink 3-4 gallons of water on your way to work johnny?! it's not really relative...

Good point lac, The gas prices are getting so bad I actually considered trading my caddy for a hybrid for a moment, but just for a moment. Why can't Cadillac get displacement on demand or mult-dispacement system like on the new Chrysler 300C. Shame on you GM!!

For the hybrids, it was just discovered that the EPA had misrepresented the fuel economy numbers on some hybrids, overstating the numbers by a very large margin.

I believe the fight was over Toyota. Representative at Toyota cleared themselves of any wrongdoing when they proved that they gave authentic numbers to the EPA and also warned the EPA against inflating the numbers, but the EPA went ahead and did it anyway.

The founding fathers of this country were right, NEVER trust government.

Two words: supply, demand.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Yeah . . . I forgot my password (smacks forehead with dominant hand) . . . that's why I'm no longer WarrenJ. :unsure:

Two words: Price Gouging. :lol:

As for losing your password, I think there's a way to recover that. Hopefully Bruce will see this post and help you out on that.

I stopped for gas on my way home from work 11:30 PM. When I went in to pay the girl says "I hope you filled it up". I said "Why, is is going up AGAIN"? SHe said "Yes, $0.23 tomorrow morning". Opec hasn't raised the price in a while and they are talking about increasing production. I SMELL A RAT!

One funny thing about OPEC and gas prices: when OPEC raises the price for a barrel of oil, you actually don't see that increase at the retail level for about 4~5 weeks, depending on the refineries and how fast they get the stuff processed and into the pipelines. So yes, it's price gouging. Plain and simple.

According to friends and relatives gas in Puerto Rico is only $1.50 a gallon....Id imagine its because they dont pay taxes there. Right?

Federal tax currently makes up about 33% of the price you pay at the pump but this number fluctuates with the market, month to month. Since Puerto Rico is a common wealth of the US and not a state, I think that might be the reason the prices could be lower, they are not getting socked with the federal taxes.

Puerto Rico has always been smart at holding onto their common wealth status. Hope they never give it up.

for you oldtimers this is a broken record and for you newbies it's a wake-up call: as much as it sucks paying 2.50 or more a gallon it's nothing compared to driving up to the pumps and seeing that hand-written note saying "no gas".

you have no idea what helplessness is until you have experienced the above especially when all the stations along your route have that nasty little sign. jackg 90seville 94k

Thanks Jack. And even for gas stations that do have gas today, the price is FAR below the "actual" all-time high, when adjusted for inflation. It really isn't the "end of the world" the media would like us to believe it is...

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflati...e_Inflation.asp

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

i should have added that if one has to commute over 10-15 miles a day roundtrip and mostworking folks do, it's a real burden paying 2.50 a gallon. it's shear terror to not be able to get gas. my heart goes out to anyone having to commute long distances with the price of gas being what it is and god only knowing where it will be by september. jackg 90seville 94k

Well, what gets me is the ripple effect, now all prices will go up, as if they haven't gone up enough, everthing we purchase at the grocery store or any store has to be trucked in either through the trucking industry, or by rail or air and all of those will have to pass the price increase on to us the consumer.

Well, enough ranting, we are addicted to fossil fuels and we will pay what is asked for the privilage of driving. I remember the 70's gas shortage, I had a 1967 Pontiac GTO, I was paying .33 a gallon for Hi Test,( premium for those of you to young to remember the term), then came the "shortage" and stations with no gas, or a limit of 5 gallons, then we went to odd or even day policy here in SC if your tag eneded in and odd or even number determined which day you could get gas.

After the shortage it was .77 cent a gallon and has never really come down, even when crude prices fall... I love that logic we will raise prices because the source price is raised, but if the source price comes down we will still keep the price up so our profits will skyrocket, gotta love the oil companies... yeah right.

John

John

last week gas = 1.93

this week gas = 1.86

every local gas station has a "super monday/tuesday/thursday" (premium for regular price)

Archived