CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My car was stolen

I think the 95 is a hot car because of the body style and available after market parts, not to mention that it fits a lot of cars parted out. I have one. I have 3 alarms installed. Factory, Aftermarket remote starter with alarm by Pagenet (This one would have paged you in the building p never a false) And I also have one installed in the rear of the car hitting the power in the trunk. This way while they mess with one, the other catches them. Unlikely it's all that possible or worth it to defeat all three at once. And by the way, the Vatts can be bypassed with resistors available at any Radio Shack. Theives make a little project bok with all known ones and hook it up and switch it until she starts, once they know the value, they can just replace it in the harness and car starts everytime even without key that has code.

MC

I use a brake lock that pins the brake pedal in the up postion, a kill switch, and I never back into parking spaces. Pulling in forward and turning your wheels will make it harder for a tow truck to snatch and run. I had an 87 IROC Z28 stolen at work, that one hurt because I was pulling the coil cable off on one side until I got around to putting a kill switch in and the day it got stolen it was raining out, so I didn't want to get wet openning up my hood and pulling the coil wire off. It doesn't pay to be lazy.

STILL NO LUCK.... Police have not founded my car and none of my co-workers saw anything were I work at (Cracker Barrel) and I-95 I is walking distance. So I thinking my car is gone to some chop shop. I don't know how long I have to wait unitl the insurace pay me and I have not asked for a renter car yet, but I have still been looking for my car. No hope at all.

STILL NO LUCK.... Police have not founded my car and none of my co-workers saw anything were I work at (Cracker Barrel) and I-95 I is walking distance. So I thinking my car is gone to some chop shop. I don't know how long I have to wait unitl the insurace pay me and I have not asked for a renter car yet, but I have still been looking for my car. No hope at all.

In New Jersey the law reads that an uncontested claim has to be paid within 30 days by the insurance company. I'm sure it's the same or very close to that where you are too.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived