CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

electrical problem

sndnappi

hi all i havent been here in a few months but i am having a problem with my 1993 sls.

when the switch to my light are off and i press on the breaks my parking lights come on and when i turn the switch to my lights on and use my left blinker it doesn't work and my break lights do not work. does anybody have nay ideas?

BodybyFisher, Regis and others with more electrical experience than I will likely chime in here, but one place all those things are wired together is in the turn signal switch in the steering column. I do have a couple of questions that might throw some light on the situation. Please run the OBD codes and post them; here's how:

Did the condition happen all at once, or gradually? What can you think of that marked the beginning of the problem, chronologially -- like, did you have the car worked on?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

BodybyFisher, Regis and others with more electrical experience than I will likely chime in here, but one place all those things are wired together is in the turn signal switch in the steering column. I do have a couple of questions that might throw some light on the situation. Please run the OBD codes and post them; here's how:

Did the condition happen all at once, or gradually? What can you think of that marked the beginning of the problem, chronologially -- like, did you have the car worked on?

it all happened at once

Archived