CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

compressor......

I just took my 98 deville to get my a/c checked, and they told me the a/c compressor isnt compressing that theres no pressure. Lo side at 150 High at 150

What i wanted to know was how much does a compressor usally run for?

I priced an OEM compressor for $500.00. Aftermarket are about half that. I saw a post where one guy went to anonline salvage yard ang got one for $150.

So around $350 at gmpartsdirect. How long does it usually take for the part to come in? and if I take it to someone what would be a good price for them to put it on? or how hard is it to put it on myself?

I just took my 98 deville to get my a/c checked, and they told me the a/c compressor isnt compressing that theres no pressure. Lo side at 150 High at 150

What i wanted to know was how much does a compressor usally run for?

The coolest part of the system would have to be just over 110 F in order for the system pressure to be at 150 psi (for R-134a). Since the high and low side pressures are equal, it sounds like the compressor is not engaging; it would be highly unsual for a compressor to fail internally such that it could not do any work. Check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (OFF & WARMER button precedure, see the FAQ on this site). If a low refrigerant level is detected, the controller will disable the compressor to protect it from damage.

Archived