CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Glove Box tumbler

Julio

recently I broke the latch on my glove box, I was able to replace the latch assembly I bought off of ebay from some one in west virgina he sent the whole glove box my door was fine so I was able to just replace the latch with the lock tumbler but I can not figure out how to remove the old tumbler from the bad latch.

I would like to be able to lock the glove box and not need a third key, I look through the service manual but nothing descriptive enough for me so if you have some ideas please help..

Thank you,

Julio

I would take the whole assembly, with spare parts, to a locksmith. You might even be able to get the lock re-keyed to use your old key, so you will have the same accessory key for the glove compartment, the center console, and the trunk.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

recently I broke the latch on my glove box, I was able to replace the latch assembly I bought off of ebay from some one in west virgina he sent the whole glove box my door was fine so I was able to just replace the latch with the lock tumbler but I can not figure out how to remove the old tumbler from the bad latch.

I would like to be able to lock the glove box and not need a third key, I look through the service manual but nothing descriptive enough for me so if you have some ideas please help..

Thank you,

Julio

It's tricky but with some patience you can do it, I've done a couple of them. I remember you have to have the key in the lock when you remove and replace it with the original tumbler set. I will try and look at one of mine when I get home tonight to better remember how it was done

Scott

Archived