CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Falling Headliner

I'm in the business, and I can tell you it's not worth fooling with. The only real fix is to get a new one installed. What happens is the foam backing dry rots and turns loose, not the glue. Re glueing it might buy you a short time, but really isn't worth the trouble!

I'm in the business, and I can tell you it's not worth fooling with. The only real fix is to get a new one installed. What happens is the foam backing dry rots and turns loose, not the glue. Re glueing it might buy you a short time, but really isn't worth the trouble!

Agreed.

Additionally, they are really not that expensive given the time and effort you put into trying to fix it yourself.

Just find a place that sells replacement convertable tops for cars. They also sell headliners.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Does anyone have any idea what the cost to replaces headliner is, mine is loose as well. I have the sunroof in my care and they took the headliner loose to replace gasket aroung the glass and I notice it looks like it gets attached using clips or something.

Does anyone have any idea what the cost to replaces headliner is, mine is loose as well. I have the sunroof in my care and they took the headliner loose to replace gasket aroung the glass and I notice it looks like it gets attached using clips or something.

Not too expensive, usually about $120 for the headliner, foam and molded board, but it depends on where you shop and what material and quality you're looking for, if you do it yourself or have a professional install it (recommended).

One of my not-so-normal friends had professionally installed a real, silk Persian rug into the headliner of his conversion van. Looked awesome but cost him a small fortune. $4,000 for the rug, plus professional installation which took a lot of work given the weight of the rug and it's size.

Seach the Internet for "automotive headliners" and see what comes back. There are also kits that use strips of metal that allow you to "lift up" the headliner if it's just sagging but still in good shape.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

"Saggy Stoppers" !!!

Get em at Wal-Mart. They are little corkscrews with a clear head, twist them into the headliner al Viola' it won't be sitting on your head.

They cost $.99 for 10 and you will need about 2-3 for a full roof.

Not the most elegant fixes, but it will work.

Archived