CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seat Options Question

chazglenn3

So, reading my owners manual for the 2000 STS, I see that they show three options for the seats...massaging lumbar, adaptive seat control, and adaptive massage. Thus, it appears to me that one could possibly have adaptive seats WITH massaging lumbar??? The RPO code on my label is AC9, but I think that is just adaptive seats. Anyone have both?

Charles

I thought you could only get one or the other, not both. However, as I think about it, it seems possible. They are two inherently different mechanisms, with adaptive seats incorporating various sensors and air bags to adjust and vary the pressure points, while the massage feature works only in the backrest, lumbar region. Maybe that was an option in 2000, but I'll bet money that it was the only year!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

My DHS ('03) has massaging. I hate lumbar and never use it other than the shake down cruise from Texas, and that was just to try it, but I agree with JohhnyG. I thought you had one or the other. At least that is what the '03 owners manual says.

Darn...if I could figure out how to copy and paste the page from the manual I would put it here to see. I just can't figure out how to do it using pdf. I tried activating the "adaptive massage" as described in the owners manual and it didn't start massaging, so I guess I just have the adaptive seats. I went through all of the option codes and the only seat code was AC9 which is the adaptive seats.

Charles

"Adaptive massage" may be a little misleading. Massage seats work on the seatback, in the lumbar region. The action is immedaite and noticeable. Adaptive seats, on the other hand, work over a long period of time to change pressure points slowly and deliberately during a long trip. I doubt if you would be able to tell by feel whether adaptive seats were working or not. After about 4 hours on the road though, the buttometer should be able to tell you something. :lol:

I'd say you may have just answered your own question. One thing you might try though is to press briefly on the round button that controls the position (in/out - up/down) of the lumbar support IN THE UP DIRECTION. By briefly I mean for about 1/2 second and release. This is how the lumbar massage feature was activated on my '99 STS. It will then run for about 10 minutes providing you have the massage feature too.

Archived