CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have an '03 STS. I live in SF. While going through city streets, the message SNAPSHOT TAKEN displayed until the Info button was pushed. I assume it has something to do with intersection cameras but have never seen the display before nor do I find any reference in the Owner's Manual. And I'm pretty sure I crossed the intersection on the green. Any thoughts?

A snapshot is a "picture" of how your car is running and any computer trouble codes frozen in time. You can take a snapshot and a mechanic can pull the info up to see how the car was running at the time that the snapshot was taken. It is diagnostic information used to help track down problems with the car.

That's the general gist of it. Rest assured that you probably don't have a red light ticket in the mail. (Or if you did, you car wouldn't know about it)

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

• 2 weeks later...
A snapshot is a "picture" of how your car is running and any computer trouble codes frozen in time. You can take a snapshot and a mechanic can pull the info up to see how the car was running at the time that the snapshot was taken. It is diagnostic information used to help track down problems with the car.

That's the general gist of it. Rest assured that you probably don't have a red light ticket in the mail. (Or if you did, you car wouldn't know about it)

Thanks - makes sense and better than what I expected. Wonder why I never say it before?

Archived