CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1991 Deville Struts

joelism611

I have a 1991 Deville and am trying to figure out which struts are the correct ones for my vehicle. There is a compressor so I'm assuming they are either auto leveling are computer command ride. but I'm not sure which. Can anybody tell me which are right for my car, and also is it better to stay with the original type, or switch to the non-leveling replacement struts? Thanks, Reggie.

:welcomesmiley:

CCR has been most likely dead on you car for a decade. Because CCR struts are very expensive, most of owners replace them with regular ones. I have not done my struts, so cannot guide you through, but someone will chime in with more specifics.

I have a 1991 Deville and am trying to figure out which struts are the correct ones for my vehicle. There is a compressor so I'm assuming they are either auto leveling are computer command ride. but I'm not sure which. Can anybody tell me which are right for my car, and also is it better to stay with the original type, or switch to the non-leveling replacement struts? Thanks, Reggie.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I would install a set of auto leveling shocks that are passive (no electronic ride control). I believe AC Delco makes a set of passive shocks for your car that will retain the level control. There is also a relay kit to disable the Service Suspension light.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived