CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

smoke odor

i love my 96sts ! no problems so far. ive owned her for a year and a half. its in beautiful condition,at 68,000.seems that the previous owner appreciated a good smoke.does anyone have a miracle cure that is permanent?where is this funk located ,maybe i can replace some parts. the pinetree air freshener works ,but for only a few days. what would you do? ;)

I've heard this spray called "Fabreeze" may work pretty well for such things. Most well stocked grocery and variety stores carry it. I'll bet the residual chemicals causing the odor are really imbedded in the headliner.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

i love my 96sts ! no problems so far. ive owned her for a year and a half. its in beautiful condition,at 68,000.seems that the previous owner appreciated a good smoke.does anyone have a miracle cure that is permanent?where is this funk located ,maybe i can replace some parts. the pinetree air freshener works ,but for only a few days. what would you do? ;)

Replace ALL the ashtrays. You can also use Arm and Hammer baking Soda to help absorb the odors as well as charcoal.

Shampooing the carpeting might help but most of the time, smoke clings to the headliner and while you can shampoo the headliner, it should be done professionally using a dry cleaning method only since saturating the headliner will make it fall down.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I've heard this spray called "Fabreeze" may work pretty well for such things. Most well stocked grocery and variety stores carry it. I'll bet the residual chemicals causing the odor are really imbedded in the headliner.

You and I posted at EXACTLY the same time. LOL!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

You and I posted at EXACTLY the same time. LOL!!!

Well, you know what they say about great minds thinking alike, and at blinding speeds?...Looks like you beat me by milliseconds... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived