CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Happy Birthday To My 2006 DTS

Texas Jim

Spoke with my stepdad yesterday.

He loves his 2004 Deville ... has put 1500 klm on it in 2 weeks .... not bad for 81 yrs young.

He was telling me that he's only driven Cadillacs since he owned the dealership ... going back to 1970's.

His 2005 Deville has 178,000klm on her .... 1 wheel bearing, 1 set of tires, and brakes. That's all.

He said he's never had a failure of any kind, and he always dumps then around 180,000 klm's.

So, you've got many more trouble free miles ahead of you.

What did you get the car for its birthday?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Probably a WOT with a red bow on it Ted, :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Spoke with my stepdad yesterday.

He loves his 2004 Deville ... has put 1500 klm on it in 2 weeks .... not bad for 81 yrs young.

He was telling me that he's only driven Cadillacs since he owned the dealership ... going back to 1970's.

His 2005 Deville has 178,000klm on her .... 1 wheel bearing, 1 set of tires, and brakes. That's all.

He said he's never had a failure of any kind, and he always dumps then around 180,000 klm's.

So, you've got many more trouble free miles ahead of you.

What did you get the car for its birthday?

That was a great thing you did for him.

I was (and am) impressed. I am proud to know you.

It was a little early present for her, but on the 13th I had her professionally tuned.

Yesterday I had her washed.

Today I filled her up with Chevron V Power Premium. :D

I will polish the nine spoke chrome wheels Wednesday. I get off a little early Wednesday.

Posted Image

That was a great thing you did for him.

I was (and am) impressed. I am proud to know you.

Well, Texas Jim got there first, but I'd like to add my dittos as well.

Glad to see also, that Jim is having fun with the beast.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

49,000 miles so far.

Gonna call tomorrow and have the GMPP extended warranty put on it. Just in case. :D

Still drives like a new one. Still loving it.

Especially now....after I had it tuned. :D

Out of curiosity, how many times has it been back to the dealer (other than for routine maintenance)?

Yikes ... you embarass me, guys.

Nice to see Warren around ... I'm still kicking myself for not buying his black Eldorado

for my daughter ... I instead got her a less expensive 98 Maxima from a coworker.

The money I saved has since gone into a battery, alternater, and starter.

Warren, have you heard how your old Eldo is doing?

Ah, the joys of used cars. Parts wearing out from age ... something Jim won't need to think about

for appproximately 10 years or so.

Professional tune up .... I thought the DTS was good for about 100k before needing a tuneup?

Merry Christmas and safe travelling to all my Cadillac friends.

Ted.

The snow is falling up here ... the old house is looking like a Xmas card.

Nightime041.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Out of curiosity, how many times has it been back to the dealer (other than for routine maintenance)?

Hate to say it, but several times, actually.

Mostly little stuff, but I am pretty particular about my automobiles.

I want it "RIGHT"... and if it ain't "RIGHT"... I either fix it or get it fixed. :D

One time the passenger door module had to be replaced.

Both front seat tracks needed to be adjusted. If you put the front of the seat all the way down, you had to play with it to get it to raise back up.

wind noise around the drivers door.

The big plastic piece that runs from the bumper, back up under the front of the engine and all the way from one side to the other had to be replaced.

NAV System / Radio has been replaced.

A/C seats blower had to be replaced and another time the ductwork for the A/C seat had to be reattached.

Battery was replaced about 6 months after I bought it.

Like I said, mostly minor... so far... but there is SO MUCH expensive stuff on it that COULD break, I just thought it was a good idea to have the GMPP as a hedge against future BIG cash outlays. Don't forget that it has the Magnetic Ride also. The struts are very pricey.

Now it is covered for another three years or to 103,010 miles. At least for most things. :D

Posted Image

Ah, the joys of used cars. Parts wearing out from age ... something Jim won't need to think about

for appproximately 10 years or so.

Professional tune up .... I thought the DTS was good for about 100k before needing a tuneup?

Merry Christmas and safe travelling to all my Cadillac friends.

Ted.

It wasn't THAT kind of a tune up.

I had the ECM and TCM tweaked. I haven't driven it much since then.

It seems to be more responsive, especially at low to mid RPM's.

High RPM's .. it screams. :D:D

On asphalt, it will chirp the tires changing from first to second.

On well worn SLICK asphalt, it will break loose and starts spinning any time you punch it in first gear. :D

Still deciding if I did the right thing or not.

If not... it won't be the first time I have paid the "STUPID TAX." :D:D:D

And probably not the last time either. :D:D

Posted Image

Hate to say it, but several times, actually.

Mostly little stuff, but I am pretty particular about my automobiles.

I want it "RIGHT"... and if it ain't "RIGHT"... I either fix it or get it fixed. :D

One time the passenger door module had to be replaced.

Both front seat tracks needed to be adjusted. If you put the front of the seat all the way down, you had to play with it to get it to raise back up.

wind noise around the drivers door.

The big plastic piece that runs from the bumper, back up under the front of the engine and all the way from one side to the other had to be replaced.

NAV System / Radio has been replaced.

A/C seats blower had to be replaced and another time the ductwork for the A/C seat had to be reattached.

Battery was replaced about 6 months after I bought it.

Like I said, mostly minor... so far... but there is SO MUCH expensive stuff on it that COULD break, I just thought it was a good idea to have the GMPP as a hedge against future BIG cash outlays. Don't forget that it has the Magnetic Ride also. The struts are very pricey.

Now it is covered for another three years or to 103,010 miles. At least for most things. :D

Yes, mostly minor stuff, but for the price of these cars GM should be ashamed IMO.

Yes, mostly minor stuff, but for the price of these cars GM should be ashamed IMO.

I agree totally. They were mostly minor, but with a sticker price of almost $55,000 dollars...there should not be that many problems.

But, overall, I REALLY REALLY like the car. :D:D

It runs very well, handles great, especially considering it's size (love the Magnetic Suspension) and is the best highway cruiser I have ever owned.

You can cover a lot of ground in a days time... if you want to... and still feel good at the end of the day. It don't beat you up at all.

Posted Image

Archived