CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Price of cars in a Industry crash?

It occurs to me, in the event of an actual industry CRASH, where GM and Chrysler go under and stop making cars, we may see vehicle demand in the US market far outstrip the available production from the remaining auto industry. New cars will be waiting list only. Used car values will go up significantly.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Remember the natural gas crunch of the late 1970's? It turned out that people turned off the pipelines when the price didn't support the production cost, and after the price tripled there was plenty of gas.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It occurs to me, in the event of an actual industry CRASH, where GM and Chrysler go under and stop making cars, we may see vehicle demand in the US market far outstrip the available production from the remaining auto industry. New cars will be waiting list only. Used car values will go up significantly.

That would be my expectation, but wouldn't GM and Chrysler used car values go up least (if at all)?

On the bright side: that used XLR many of us have dreamed about might suddenly become VERY affordable. :wipetears:o

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

On the bright side: that used XLR many of us have dreamed about might suddenly become VERY affordable. :wipetears:o

Regards,

Warren

Now THAT is a positive thought.

I wouldn't mind at all, having one of those in my garage, ... sitting beside the DTS. :D:D:D

Even Darling Wife might not object too much. She likes the looks of them too.

She doesn't know much about cars.... I might be able to slip the XLR-V in there and she would be none the wiser. :D:D

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

I wouldn't mind at all, having one of those in my garage, ... sitting beside the DTS. :D:D:D

She doesn't know much about cars.... I might be able to slip the XLR-V in there and she would be none the wiser. :D:D

My guess is she'd wise up real darn fast if you made the mistake of allowing her to drive the beast. Oh well, we can dream can't we? :D :D :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Regards,

Warren

My guess is she'd wise up real darn fast if you made the mistake of allowing her to drive the beast. Oh well, we can dream can't we? :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

She no longer drives, so she would never know. :D:D

She still has her license, but she hasn't driven in a number of years.

Posted Image

Archived