CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Welcome to the new Board

Welcome to the perspective new location for the CaddyInfo.com Messageboard. Please feel free to settle in here, and let me know any changes you see right away are needed.

Why move from the old place? That was a great locale, but the search function does not work anymore. This new locale will provide online support, and a lot more options.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, new board looks great! I love the new format and look forward to lots of good discussion here! :D

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Oh good, thanks for posting. I'm hip deep in the pages of setup options trying to get it to look more familiar, but here we go.

I do like the signatures, and ability to post images.

Bruce

Bruce, I also like the look of the new board. Looks like many more options.

The work you do to provide a means of valuable information is greatly appreciated.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Ditto the above. The one thing I noticed right away is the inability to quote a particular message. I wanted to "quote" yours when I replied, but there was no button. I've seen a few boards with a "Quote/Reply" button at each individual message, so you can include the text of a particular message. I see that you can simply copy/paste from the full text below this reply window, but I bet the Quote/Reply button for each message is an option that's available.

But don't file that as a complaint -- simply a suggestion for when you get the time. I really like this style of forum vs. the text-based that we worked on before...not that it was a bad place...just didn't offer the cool stuff like this (signatures, easy links and pictures, and post numbers). One of the first things I look at on other boards is how many messages the poster has put on the board...just to get a general idea of how long he or she has been here and how active he/she is. I really like that this new board has that. Also -- being able to edit your posts!

It's just a great place! Thanks for your continuing effort to make Cadillacdom a great place to be! B)

Edit: nevermind the bit above about the Quote button. I see it's there. I must have missed it earlier!

Ditto the above. The one thing I noticed right away is the inability to quote a particular message. I wanted to "quote" yours when I replied, but there was no button. I've seen a few boards with a "Quote/Reply" button at each individual message, so you can include the text of a particular message. I see that you can simply copy/paste from the full text below this reply window, but I bet the Quote/Reply button for each message is an option that's available.

But don't file that as a complaint -- simply a suggestion for when you get the time. I really like this style of forum vs. the text-based that we worked on before...not that it was a bad place...just didn't offer the cool stuff like this (signatures, easy links and pictures, and post numbers). One of the first things I look at on other boards is how many messages the poster has put on the board...just to get a general idea of how long he or she has been here and how active he/she is. I really like that this new board has that. Also -- being able to edit your posts!

It's just a great place! Thanks for your continuing effort to make Cadillacdom a great place to be! B)

Edit: nevermind the bit above about the Quote button. I see it's there. I must have missed it earlier!

ah. mine shows a quote button, so it must be a permission issue.

Bruce

ah. mine shows a quote button, so it must be a permission issue.

Consider yourself quoted. ;) Thanks again...

Bruce, what happened to the archived info and such from the old forum?? I assume it is lost.?

Nice job on the new site. I liked the simplicity of the old caddyinfo but this one certainly has some nice options looks like!!

Well, the archived info on the old site is in a custom database I think,

so I'll have to see what can be done about it yet. Randy and Netgetgoing

just kind of went quiet, and are not responding to emails for the last 6 months

or so. So I think it's best to migrate to a new site. I would hate to lose

the collected wisdom of the archives, but the old pre-march search will

still be available for a while.

Bruce

Nice change. Maybe if we remember some old favorite info posts we can copy and paste them here. That would make them archived here. Right?

Oh, good thinking. Would it be TOO much if I added one more forum for that specific purpose though?

Bruce

:):) great site!! :):)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Like it!! Great upgrade.

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

Hey Bruce!!

Nice new home. I will miss the old one but change is good.

I have been coming to your site for 5 years. I tell every Cadillac owner that I meet

about Caddyinfo. I probably would have sold my STS long ago if I had never known about you. Thank you for all that you do. I really enjoy coming here every day.

Thanks again!!

Kelly

94 STS

205,455 Miles

Hi, I am a guy up in Sweden reading everything on this site

as I have a 93 Eldorado Touring Coupe. It's just fantastic to get

all this info from all you people participating.

/Thanks :D

Bruce:

Frequent board users are (or will be) concerned about preserving archiveable posts from the previous location. Some of us have been capturing items of interest as text files and I, for one, would certainly be willing and happy to send my files to you.

Let us know when you have decided how to manage an archive and I'll bet you would be covered up with files to sort and categorize.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Excellent new site! Nice looking, nice features, and it looks like it will be easier to find what you want. Like others have mentioned, my only concern is that losing the archives means losing a lot of valuable information. There is just so much history there.

I have been coming to your site since I bought my 96 SLS in 1999. Its great to have a place to go for information. I've never been able to find anything as good as this site for any other Make of car that I have owned.

Archived