CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Creaking Sound solved

Regis

I tailed on a question last week under the topic "Timing Chain" about a creaking coming from the upper left front strut mount on slow or parked left turns. Well I won't bore you with the details but the fix was quite simple. By removing the black plastic cap that covers the top of the strut mount (under the hood) and spraying in a liberal amount of silicone spray....viola! Problem fixed. Tried it earlier with WD-40 and nothing.

Also I mentioned a strong gas smell I was getting at certain times. I had the fuel fill tube replaced. I had to laugh when I saw the old tube. Looked like it had been in a gun fight. There was a section that was missing metal 2" long and about 1/4" wide. All is well now except for one last annoying creaking sound coming from a bushing (sounds like) near the left rear spring assembly. I've siliconed every bushing I could "see". Is there a bushing that's missed often because Elvis may have left the building but the creak hasn't??? Any insight welcomed.

-kg

94 sts 206k

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I haven't looked at my Caddy but my Bonnevilles had strut bearings on top that would get dry and had to be replaced. Pull the strut, replace bearing, alignment, etc. I suspect you may have the same thing going on. I squirted oil in mine and it helped for awhile but it started to bind on corners and pulled after going around a corner.

Check it out.

The upper strut mount assembly (both) were replaced a few weeks ago and those are fine now. The creaking sound i can't seem to locate is coming from the left rear, near the spring assembly and fuel fill tube area. I've sprayed every bushing i could locate but i seem to be mising the correct one. If there is a bushing in that area that is missed often then that's the info I'm looking for...... hopefully. Thanks in advance.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived