CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Coolest Cadillac tv commercial

Anyone remember this early-mid 90's Cadillac tv commercial?

Kids where playing street hockey... When a car approaches, one of them yells out "CAR!", and then they scramble to move their makeshift goal nets out of the vehicle's way. When the vehicle passes, the kids replace the nets and continue playing. They yell out "CAR"!" a couple of times, and then, when a black Cadillac STS rolls on by... The kids go into a quiet awe... drums (heartbeat) thump... and one kid says "CARrrr", in a revered hushed tone, as the STS quietly cruises by.

I'm not sure if you guys got to see this commercial in the U.S., as it may have been targeted only for Canadian markets (i.e. hockey crazed). Anyways, it was my favorite tv commercial ever and it got me hooked on Cadillacs!

qc,

No, I do not remember that commercial here in Ohio...

Do you remember the one where the Caddy pulls up to a 'goal post' and stops.

It does NOT fit under the crossbar...

The car backs up and comes flying at the 'goal post'...and goes under it at high speed...The car lowered itself on the highway!

What year/type Caddy was that? <_<

I believe that was a mid-ninties Lincoln commercial for the Mark VIII coupe.

That car had that high-speed lowering feature, and I think that commercial was

how Ford marketed it.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

The only caddy I remember, was the one I learned to drive in.

1969 Coupe De Ville in Maroon, convertable with black leather upholstery. It was my father's car.

I don't watch that much TV so I guess I'm at least missing some cool commercials.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I don't watch that much TV so I guess I'm at least missing some cool commercials.

Maybe....

But I have heard enough LED ZEP to last the rest of my life.....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I believe that was a mid-ninties Lincoln commercial for the Mark VIII coupe.

:ph34r:

OOPS!

Would have swore it was Caddy...

My condolences to the Lincoln family...

Had one, it was a good car...

BUT NOTHIN' COMPARES TO A CADDY!

Thanks for setting me straight./ :wacko:

I remember the one from a couple years ago with the Le Mans Cadillac flying around the track, then the camera slows down and zooms in on his bumper.

The sticker said "My Other Car is a STS" Then it pans over to the STS sitting all pretty.

I want one of those on my winter vehicle.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

My favorite was an early '90s Cadillac commercial that had a black Sedan deVille with machine guns behind the grill. It was shooting down Japaneese Zero planes from WW-II! It was aimed at Lexus no doubt.

The commercial didn't last long - someone probably started whining.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

My favorite was an early '90s Cadillac commercial that had a black Sedan deVille with machine guns behind the grill. It was shooting down Japaneese Zero planes from WW-II! It was aimed at Lexus no doubt.

The commercial didn't last long - someone probably started whining.....

If it was shooting at a Japanese Zero, it was gunning for Mitsubishi, not Lexus. Mitsubishi built the J-Zero.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

That's right. It's been a long time since the ad aired....

The first time I saw it, I laughed so hard, my stomach hurt.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Does anyone rememberwhat it was like when the "New for 92" STS, and 93 N* powertrain came out?

I was not up on that stuff then, but am interested now. It seems like our STS's were groundbreaking for the time, when you look at what the competition had then.

Was it as exciting and marketed as strongly as the current Caddy's?

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Got to say a current Caddy commercial is a favorite. It features the Escalade at a red light and a hot rod pulls up reving for a drag. Away goes the hot rod and a cop pulls up along side the Escalade and then takes off after the hot rod.

They can't resist trying to drag with a Caddy!! :lol:

Archived